Pension Changes

brownguy46

Hi there,

Has anyone heard anything about pension changes that UPS might be rolling out around in October? I'm in the Northeast with 28 years.

upschuck

Don't think UPS can make any changes. They have been negotiated at a certain amount. Union got a new law that they can cut if in dire shape.

box_beeyotch

They only think their in bad shape because the stock is down and because they spent the extra money to make peak go smoothly this season. I feel like were well paid inmates sometimes.

Re-Raise

UPS pays into our pension. That amount is in the contract.

How much you receive from the Teamsters when you retire has nothing to do with UPS.

fres431

I heard that the pensions contribution is still getting worked out tis one of the reasons the new contract book hasn't been printed

rod

Retired 22 years
Don't think UPS can make any changes. They have been negotiated at a certain amount. Union got a new law that they can cut if in dire shape.

Don't think for one minute that UPS can't make changes if "needed. Their idea of needed and the Unions would differ but guess who 99 time out of a hundred wins in a situation like that. Think of how many times you have heard of others that have had their pay and benefits cut because their companies have screamed "Oh woe is me" only to hear later on that their CEO's and upper echelon received million dollar bonuses. Never trust "the man".

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
UPS pays into our pension. That amount is in the contract.

How much you receive from the Teamsters when you retire has nothing to do with UPS.
Have you looked at the make up of the Board of Directors on your Pension Plan? UPS might have someone there with some influence with the rest of the Board.

upschuck

Don't think for one minute that UPS can't make changes if "needed. Their idea of needed and the Unions would differ but guess who 99 time out of a hundred wins in a situation like that. Think of how many times you have heard of others that have had their pay and benefits cut because their companies have screamed "Oh woe is me" only to hear later on that their CEO's and upper echelon received million dollar bonuses. Never trust "the man".
By law, UPS cannot change a union run pension, except the contributions, and those are agreed upon in the vote to accept the contract.

Wait, I thought UPS was trustworthy, because everyone wanted to strike to stay in the UPS HC plan, and that they could not change the agreed upon levels.

brownguy46

This is what was told to me by my union rep who heard it from a feeder driver. I know right?

I should watch out in mid October as UPS was talking about raising the retirement age from the 57.5, which I thought was a Union issue.

Just wondered if you had heard anything?