Pension fund Buy Outs!!

88UPS1969

I've worked for UPS for 29 years. I spent 11 P/T and 18 friend/T. We recently got a new Supervisor. He road with me the other day to get familiar with the area. During the ride he said that he was recently bought out for his P/T pension in a lump sum? He rolled it over to an IRA. I work in the Carolina's and I am in 3 pension funds. The UPS P/T pension, Central States Pension fund and now the UPS-IBT pension fund. I'm curious if anyone else has been bought out of their P/T pension fund?? Responses are very welcomed!! Thanks, Sincerely fellow UPSer☺!!

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I've worked for UPS for 29 years. I spent 11 P/T and 18 friend/T. We recently got a new Supervisor. He road with me the other day to get familiar with the area. During the ride he said that he was recently bought out for his P/T pension in a lump sum? He rolled it over to an IRA. I work in the Carolina's and I am in 3 pension funds. The UPS P/T pension, Central States Pension fund and now the UPS-IBT pension fund. I'm curious if anyone else has been bought out of their P/T pension fund?? Responses are very welcomed!! Thanks, Sincerely fellow UPSer☺!!
Yes

My first 3 years I worked in office. Non union. Last year got offered 29 thousand dollar buyout of ups pension. Took it and put in ira. Totally separate of my 40 thousand a year teamster pension.