Pension plan status

oldupsman

I just received my yearly statement on the status of the pension trust fund
of which I am a member. It is the Teamster Pension Trust Fund of Philadelphia
and vicinity. Our current funded percentage is 72.2% which puts in the endangered
category. I was just curious on how this stands compared to other plans across the country as this is very much a contract issue.

Yaba Daba Do

Donkey Punch Extraordinaire
I asked what the progression to full scale had to do with any pension.
oops i was skimming to quickly. If progression was shorter, say 2 years like it used to be, more money would be going into the pension fund sooner. The contributions would be based off of top scale wages 2 years earlier.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
oops i was skimming to quickly. If progression was shorter, say 2 years like it used to be, more money would be going into the pension fund sooner. The contributions would be based off of top scale wages 2 years earlier.
Pension contributions in my local are not based on an hourly rate.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Our pension contributions are based on a negotiated amount that has nothing to do with the hourly rate.

Are you saying you have a pension progression too? Which pension does that? My pension get the same amount for every employee past their 30 days.

Yaba Daba Do

Donkey Punch Extraordinaire
Are you saying you have a pension progression too? Which pension does that? My pension get the same amount for every employee past their 30 days.
Apparently not. For some reason i was thinking that's how it worked but i guess not. My fault

Tony Q

I just received my yearly statement on the status of the pension trust fund
of which I am a member. It is the Teamster Pension Trust Fund of Philadelphia
and vicinity. Our current funded percentage is 72.2% which puts in the endangered
category. I was just curious on how this stands compared to other plans across the country as this is very much a contract issue.
Central States is about 37% funded!