Pension Question for Central States -Married People only

Observer

How does a member add his spouse to their pension? Is it automatically done or do you have to call UPS Human Resouces number? Or is this something you handle through the Teamster local you're a member of? Not quite retired yet - but will be and want to take care of any loose items prior to retirement.
Thanks for any help you can provide.

A

Article 3

How does a member add his spouse to their pension? Is it automatically done or do you have to call UPS Human Resouces number? Or is this something you handle through the Teamster local you're a member of? Not quite retired yet - but will be and want to take care of any loose items prior to retirement.
Some retiring members just buy a big chunk of term insurance to cover their spouse instead of taking a hit on their pension payout.

A

Article 3

This may be one of your best posts yet.

Excellent advice.

Keep in mind that the spouse has to be on board as he/she is required to sign off on this.
I look out for members. You may not like my abrasive attitude at times but there's a good reason behind it... Something you've probably never experienced and I hope you never do before you retire.
I'm not perfect but I do try to call a spade a spade as I see it. I have paid my dues more than you would ever imagine.

I also truly believe that if you worked in my building you would be happy to call me a friend.

A

Article 3

Some retiring members just buy a big chunk of term insurance to cover their spouse instead of taking a hit on their pension payout.
And FYI, it's always better to start term insurance when you're 40 than when your 60. I believe it's still a better option.

I'm not on the Central but for a long time my pension statement said spouse. I called the pension and they sent me a form. Now it has my wife's name on as the beneficiary.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Are you talking about insurance

Or getting some pension many after you die