Pension question

Discussion in 'UPS Retirement Topics' started by Ilovetoast, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Ilovetoast

Ilovetoast Member

Well my dream for a 22.3 full time combo job has been destroyed thanks this new contract.
    I’m a part time air/shuttle driver in my building. I have the top Seniority In Air drivers “16 years”

It’s not a bad position I usually get 9 hours a day. And touch ground once or twice a week.
    My only worry is that I’m still stuck on a part time Pension!
    Someone from another building said don’t worry about it. Any day you work full-time hours you go under the whole time Pension for that day. is that true?

thanks Guys

2. I never heard of that before.

Paging @542thruNthru

3. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

Don't know where he is or anything about his pension.

4. Have you ever heard of such a thing?

5. 542thruNthru

Not where I am. Only way you get FT pension contribution here is if you are FT.

A 22.3 FT employee would receive a FT contribution. So I'm confused what he's talking about.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  6. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

No.

7. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

He missed out on a 22.3 job so he's wondering if on the days he works over 8 as an air driver does he get full time pension credits.

8. 542thruNthru

Thank you. I see what he means now.

Still without knowing what supplement he's under I don't think anyone can answer that.

9. 542thruNthru

Our PT cover drivers get a full time pension contribute for the week if they work 3 days or more as a cover driver for the week.

Just a example of how his supp may have language like that.

10. rod

rod #1 on Upstates "list"

@Indecisi0n --- Good job--now see if you can get Nancy locked out of all threads

11. He was probably wondering why you work part time hours and still qualify for a full time pension...

12. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Trust me I been trying.