Pension

Observer

The only thing that stop the loss of the pension is if we don't contact our senators and congress to support the Butch Lewis Act. It is talked about briefly in the Teamster magazine. Why isn't the local more concerned about it? So here is the information - you can email your respective senators, etc. To write your 2 state senators ask them to support S.2147 "The Butch Lewis Act of 2017" and your Congressional Rep to support HR4444 "the Rehabilitation for Multiemployer Pensions Act" - you really need to do this as retirees to face cuts of 50-70 percent. This is the only thing that will work. Asking for Congress for a bailout will not. Take the time and read up and contact your elected leaders. For those who aren't sure - each state has two senators and each person has one representative for their district. "The pen is mightier than the sword." I didn't pen that but it is correct. If you don't know what to write just mention the Senate of House Bill # and title and show you are interested about the concern. The vote I believe is in Nov with 5 public hearings prior to the vote. PLEASED CONTACT your reps asking support of the Butch Lewis act.

1989NW

So let's say the pension goes away. Does it go away for all current employees? Or does it only go away for all future new hires?

Observer

Central States is in big trouble. It was even discussed at a recent local meeting. In some areas of the US no it's not in trouble - but in Central States it is in BIG trouble. How would you like to work all those years to get a small pension vs. what you had put in. I also know of people who worked for a company 30 plus years and then the company was sold and they ended getting a check for $30.00 a month. So DriveInDriveOut be grateful wherever you live your pension is financially sound. It's not that way for all of us.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Central States is in big trouble. It was even discussed at a recent local meeting. In some areas of the US no it's not in trouble - but in Central States it is in BIG trouble. How would you like to work all those years to get a small pension vs. what you had put in. I also know of people who worked for a company 30 plus years and then the company was sold and they ended getting a check for $30.00 a month. So DriveInDriveOut be grateful wherever you live your pension is financially sound. It's not that way for all of us.
It’s heartbreaking but these folks and all people in pension plans need to start putting money away in a Roth and (or)a 401k... don’t rely on social security or a pension... if it’s there when you retire think of it as a bonus...in the end you can’t be certain that anyone has your back except your close family, and even that is not a given...

It’s heartbreaking but these folks and all people in pension plans need to start putting money away in a Roth and (or)a 401k... don’t rely on social security or a pension... if it’s there when you retire think of it as a bonus...in the end you can’t be certain that anyone has your back except your close family, and even that is not a given...
Thank you David Ramsey

Coldworld

60 months and counting
E67B2894-C099-4259-ADF7-22563D9BBE0C.jpeg
Thank you David Ramsey
This is me....
upload_2018-6-9_15-43-42.jpeg