people apparently panicking over the rentals

opey

i know that... but still, a bunch of news articles from the last couple of days about people calling the cops, and rental trucks being harder to find... sighh

9.5er

So, my question to them is. When you see a rental pull up and a UPS driver gets out with a box. Did you order something? Could this be it?

browner89

In my area rentals have been used 99.9% of the time for bulk businesses or post office stuff, super rarely for home delivery, so if penske or uhaul trucks started going to residentials I could imagine a little concern. Generally the package cars here expand their routes/stops and lose some commercial stuff while the rentals take over those parts.

I assume they make those adjustments for those concerns in particular.

Edit: I also imagine that doing any single stops from a rental would be hell and feel for any driver doing so, bulk probably still sucks but that at least makes sense.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
In my area rentals have been used 99.9% of the time for bulk businesses or post office stuff, super rarely for home delivery, so if penske or uhaul trucks started going to residentials I could imagine a little concern. Generally the package cars here expand their routes/stops and lose some commercial stuff while the rentals take over those parts.

I assume they make those adjustments for those concerns in particular.
We almost exclusively use them for bulk stops and pickups. Just makes things easier. No concerns to worry about

browner89

We almost exclusively use them for bulk stops and pickups. Just makes things easier. No concerns to worry about

Yeah, it makes too much sense, fill up the recognizeable cars for your non-professional partners and let the business oriented customers who understand how it works see the rentals.

I imagine that its only extremely desperate hubs/centers doing home delivery out of a Penske or Uhaul.