People off the Street

I have been at UPS goin on 9 yrs in May and I have been a cover driver for almost 6yrs! As a cover driver I pretty much work everyday and prolly more than some of the FT! I have been through hell and back being a cover driver from learning routes blind to being overdispatched everyday on a rte and still being told to go help somebody...As of lately we have had 3 different people get hired from off the street as Full-timers...That is the most disturbing thing to see somebody get put ahead of you in the position you have worked your ass off for and they just get it like that!! And then the thing that make it even worse they come in and have more seniority than you...such BS! is their anything or anybody to talk to about this??

Overpaid Union Thug

I have been at UPS goin on 9 yrs in May and I have been a cover driver for almost 6yrs! As a cover driver I pretty much work everyday and prolly more than some of the FT! I have been through hell and back being a cover driver from learning routes blind to being overdispatched everyday on a rte and still being told to go help somebody...As of lately we have had 3 different people get hired from off the street as Full-timers...That is the most disturbing thing to see somebody get put ahead of you in the position you NE worked your ass off for and they just get it like that!! And then the thing that make it even worse they come in and have more seniority than you...such BS! is their anything or anybody to talk to about this??

I will NEVER support the idea behind hiring off the street while there is current employees interesting in the jobs. The new contract is supposed to have a 8/1 ratio so that will help but I'd like to see no off the street hires unless there isn't anyone else interested/available. Some will tell you that it's all about "diversity" but that is pure nonsense. Where is the diversity? It's not like they are hiring from a pool of genetically superior super drivers or androids.

Last edited:
Its discouraging bc Im not the top cover driver with seniority but if i see people above me get promoted its a lil motivation to know that my time is coming soon...

UPSGUY72

Its discouraging bc Im not the top cover driver with seniority but if i see people above me get promoted its a lil motivation to know that my time is coming soon...

??? read your supplement.. If your a FT cover driver how can a hire off the street have more seniority than you ??? If you have a problem file a grievance and do something about it......

The truth hurts.

This isn't grade school where they use social promotion these days even if your not ready its the really world......
Wow is this 3rd grade? The mean bullies want to take the lunch money off of the 1st graders? You bust your behind ,do everything Brown wants you to do. Then they crap all over you and hire somebody fulltime off the street!! ****** that...that's Bullcrap!!

No it is not! We have a few cover guys who are the laziest POS's ever!
I believe you...but we have guys with 20+ years that still don't how to scan a package! So why should the cover guys who get crapped on, care?? Just my opinion Im not a cover guy. Im just a lazy old overpaid fulltime teamster, that needs EDD to tell me how to do my job!!!!

UPSGUY72

Wow is this 3rd grade? The mean bullies want to take the lunch money off of the 1st graders? You bust your behind ,do everything Brown wants you to do. Then they crap all over you and hire somebody fulltime off the street!! ****** that...that's Bullcrap!!

I would bet there is more to this story that we are not hearing.... Anyways the OP has a contract is a 9 year employee but doesn't file a grievance ???? the story just doesn't add up.....

UPSGUY72

obviously Im not one of those cover drivers bc I work everyday!!

I'm a FT cover driver that knows about 18 routes I could have won a bid route last bid but I not doing one of the worst routes in the building everyday so I bid a cover position I work everyday as I'm guaranteed 8 hrs a day. There are a couple of FT cover driver in my building that should have never made there 30 days they are lazy and you always have to bail them out.

In my area we only have FT cover driver apparently in your area cover drivers are not considered FT employees...

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
If you're a FT cover driver, then there is no way that UPS could hire new outside hires who would springboard you in seniority, plain and simple it WOULD NOT happen.

Plus, if you're cover and ALLOW UPS to walk all over you, then they're going to do just that.

I may be cover, but I show up to work every day and do well on whatever I run so I won't allow myself to be **** on

I have been at UPS goin on 9 yrs in May and I have been a cover driver for almost 6yrs! As a cover driver I pretty much work everyday and prolly more than some of the FT! I have been through hell and back being a cover driver from learning routes blind to being overdispatched everyday on a rte and still being told to go help somebody...As of lately we have had 3 different people get hired from off the street as Full-timers...That is the most disturbing thing to see somebody get put ahead of you in the position you have worked your ass off for and they just get it like that!! And then the thing that make it even worse they come in and have more seniority than you...such BS! is their anything or anybody to talk to about this??
Jesus loves off the street hires.