people quittting

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
There is no sense in hiring people that will want to stay long enough to get raises and benefits. This is the same model that FedEx Home Delivery uses.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The few drivers I've seen quit here are young with degrees and couldn't find work when the economy was bad, just ended up winning a bid and stuck around because the money was good.

Been there done that. Leaving one of the last good union jobs in this country is crazy if you ask me.

As for part timers, revolving door as usual.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
There is no sense in hiring people that will want to stay long enough to get raises and benefits. This is the same model that FedEx Home Delivery uses.
Not to derail or hijack, but if they went to two tier wages I would imagine the second tier would come around the ten year mark but would the benefits be commensurate with time in-service for example:
1st-5th year company pays 25%
6th-10th year company pays 50%
11th-15th year company pay 75%
15+ years company pay 100%

or would they be excluded from the tier system?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Not to derail or hijack, but if they went to two tier wages I would imagine the second tier would come around the ten year mark but would the benefits be commensurate with time in-service for example:
1st-5th year company pays 25%
6th-10th year company pays 50%
11th-15th year company pay 75%
15+ years company pay 100%

or would they be excluded from the tier system?
I think the point of Teamcare was to take that kind of thing off the table in future negotiations.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I think the point of Teamcare was to take that kind of thing off the table in future negotiations.
Possibly, but look at some of things that were lost when switching to Teamcare. That's what makes me think that the company would try to go to a tiered benefits package as well.

P

pickup

And the Teamsters as well.
UPS still flows the money to the Teamsters for Pension but the Teamsters never have to pay out.
Ponzi scheme in reverse.

I don't know about that. I am under the impression that not one dime flows from Ups to the Teamsters for any one worker until that worker hits his five year anniversary. Once that happens, UPS gives the teamsters 5 years of pension monies . By the way, at that point, the worker is vested. So more money in the pension, but one more worker.

If a worker quits before his 5 year anniversary, the Teamsters get nothing from UPS, in regards to a pension contribution on behalf of this worker.

That's the way I understand it to be. I could be wrong.

dupa

On-Road Integrated Optimization and Navigation.
I don't think they will try to tier the benefits as well.[/QUOTE]

correct, but health care will be gone. Teamster knew all along they would dump us all into ObamaCare under the guise they cant sustain our "cadillac plan" They will claim to be forced by the current regime.