People upset over packages being stolen

Box Ox

If you look up Highland School Lofts on Google Maps and go to Street View, guess what immediately pops up in the foreground in front of the building? A UPS package car. Coincidence? I think not.

oldngray

nowhere special
Is anyone surprised? When UPS started telling drivers to DR apartments anyone with a functional brain could see this would happen.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
SDWC notice on door,or deliver it last and pack some heat. Get loss prevention involved and set up a stake out in a low rider Impala and use one of their teenie tiny cameras and a big screen tv as bait. Or put your cell phone number on the notice tell them to come and meet you, bring drivers license.

worldwide

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/residents-upset-over-stolen-packages/nh7kP/
this was a big story on the news tonite

Easy solution -UPS MyChoice. The residents can sign up for this free service and then they can sign for their packages if they want them released or have them held at a separate location so they can be picked up on their schedule. Either way, THEY make the decision on what they want done with their packages so they can not complain/blame someone else.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Easy solution -UPS MyChoice. The residents can sign up for this free service and then they can sign for their packages if they want them released or have them held at a separate location so they can be picked up on their schedule. Either way, THEY make the decision on what they want done with their packages so they can not complain/blame someone else.

How will MyChoice prevent someone driving an unmarked white van from following one of our drivers around and stealing packages from their designated delivery location?

clean hairy

They might use it to have the item sent to their work where a person is physically handed the box, instead of their house where it could sit and get stolen.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
1466218_10203792124737459_6369497919272123386_n.jpg

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My son lives a few blocks from there, you never leave anything outside if you want to keep it. He has to park his car in the street and it has been broken into several times. During the summer somebody stole a blanket out of it of all things. I have served in a soup kitchen down there a few times, lots of homeless in the area.

worldwide

...or they could save the $40 or whatever it is and simply have the item sent there in the first place...

There is a free MyChoice option as well with a la carte pricing - $5 for a reroute, for example. With the free option, delivery instructions can be left - for example, "leave at apt 451 - they are home all day." With Access Point rolling out nationwide in 2015, look for thousands of new drop off options and I'll bet with MyChoice, the receiver can have the shipment delivered to those locations at no charge if they specify at the point of shipping/order.