Perfect reason not to use your own cell phone

some1else

MC4YOU2; situation im describing was a fellow driver. he had a NI3 on a saver letterbox. customer found him in town (he has a route that does 200+miles country/town). requested package; he got it, signature and stop complete.

a few days later customer called claiming they did not recieve package... LP luckily sided with the driver and believed him over customer; made contact and was able to convince the customer that he had "proof" they where lying. customer dropped complaint.

after that i only indirect to apartment offices.

the package of course was an engagement ring

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
MC4YOU2; situation im describing was a fellow driver. he had a NI3 on a saver letterbox. customer found him in town (he has a route that does 200+miles country/town). requested package; he got it, signature and stop complete.

a few days later customer called claiming they did not recieve package... LP luckily sided with the driver and believed him over customer; made contact and was able to convince the customer that he had "proof" they where lying. customer dropped complaint.

after that i only indirect to apartment offices.

the package of course was an engagement ring
I'd say LP made the only sane decision, but of course if some dishonest customer alleges a driver faked a sig they have to investigate. The same dirtbag customer can and likey would make the same allegation from their own front porch. Policy is to check ID. As long as you are working as directed, at least you have that on your side. On a similar note, if someone like the cheating customer ever burns me on a good DR, they automatically get on my "signature forever list" and I get it noted in my diad CPADS, so my cover's also get a heads up. I hate cheaters.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Upstate...You're backing yourself into a corner. Once telematics and gps is fully instituted nationwide and Oper.management has been thinned again you will understand what steve is talking about. You can agree to disagree at grievance panel. You do the job as instructed or else. Nothing I.E. or L.P. likes better than an over 20 year driver pelt hanging from their belt.

I'm still waiting for you to tell me how I am not working as instructed. Your silence tells me that you are unable to as I am working as instructed and simply using the cell phone as another tool.

what i would of done is answered the phone a couple hours later if he was still calling and said "yes this is mike smiths work cell phone, this is his terminal manager. why are you harrasing my best employee??"

Cezanne

I am real old school, only use a cell phone for emergencies, which means I never use one. Far too unpopluar for anybody to call me, and I seriously believe that all cell phone companies are spawned from Hell.

AKCoverMan

You did the right thing by trying to call the consignee. Please don't let this bad experience sour you on trying to take care of the customer in the future.

I use my cell whenever I have a bad address or a pkg that requires an autograph. I will leave my cell number and the number for the center on the voice mail and will give them their options (redelivery, pickup at center or meet me at drop box). I do this because our center is not conveniently located and is not easy to get to if you don't have your own car (college students) and because I do not like send agains. I will usually try to redeliver if I have time but will try to get them to meet me at one of my drop box pickups. I have been lucky in that I have never had an experience as you described.

Upstate I am glad to hear someone come down on this side of the fence. i use my cell phone alot on area and I find it reduces sendagains etc quite a bit. If they call when I can't come back to an area I can give them an option to come to me (often a lot better than coming to the center especially on rural routes) or can get a work address to deliver to next day in the case of sig req or adult sig req.

I don't mind spending a few minutes to reattempt when I know the customer will be there,

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Upstate...You're backing yourself into a corner. Once telematics and gps is fully instituted nationwide and Oper.management has been thinned again you will understand what steve is talking about. You can agree to disagree at grievance panel. You do the job as instructed or else. Nothing I.E. or L.P. likes better than an over 20 year driver pelt hanging from their belt.

I'm still waiting...