Person killed after climbing underneath UPS truck in New Paltz: police

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Person killed after climbing underneath UPS truck in New Paltz: police - Poughkeepsie Journal

A person was killed Thursday after climbing underneath a UPS truck, according to New Paltz police.

The department is investigating the incident, in which the person was dragged under the truck on Main Street in the Town of New Paltz.

Police Chief Robert Luchesi said the truck was stopped in traffic between Church and South Chestnut streets when the person climbed underneath. The driver, who Luchesi said was unaware of the individual, proceeded to drive down Main Street.

JJinVA

Poor driver. I’m sure he’ll never be the same. Who would ever think that someone would crawl under your truck while you’re stopped in traffic?

Was just thinking the same. You can't hear anything back there so I'm sure he wouldn't have heard any yelling. But the real fault here obviously falls on the person who climbed under the truck. Maybe on drugs who knows. Can't really see a sane or sober person doing that ya know

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Was he checking his mirrors every 5-8 seconds?
I hope he doesn't have one of those new fangled driver facing cameras.
Yeah, but there's no mirror to check UNDER the rig... while in the cab. Maybe manufacturers have to finally install cameras underneath as well as on the rear of the trailers now???

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
either the pedestrian wanted to die or was trying to hide from the cops or someone and tried to hold on underneath and lost his grip. have no other idea why.

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
Disclaimer: the driver was in traffic, not parked, so this doesn't apply here.

But correct me if I'm wrong, is there still a method or was it ever one, that after making a residential stop you look under the truck before departing? For kids

Poop Head

Judge me.
Disclaimer: the driver was in traffic, not parked, so this doesn't apply here.

But correct me if I'm wrong, is there still a method or was it ever one, that after making a residential stop you look under the truck before departing? For kids
Yes. If theres kids around, always make sure some little snot nose isnt trying to show off and hitch a ride on the back. Or god forbid go underneath.