Personal auto insurance

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
We recently added our daughter to our car insurance & got sticker shock with our current insurance company. (AAA auto insurance)

I got a quote from geico, & it was much cheaper. Does anybody have them??

Was wondering what others have done when their kids started driving.

Thanks

Besides drilling the 5 safe driving habits like an on car sup?

Ballpark, my 19 yr old daughter runs $300 every 6 months with State Farm. That takes into account her school discount and the rate is based on the 96 GMC she drives although she is insured on all the other cars as well.

stealth8

If you or a member of your family has ever been in the military, you could obtain your insurance through USAA. I have found them to be the best priced and fairest insurance company out there. Check them out!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Besides drilling the 5 safe driving habits like an on car sup?

Ballpark, my 19 yr old daughter runs $300 every 6 months with State Farm. That takes into account her school discount and the rate is based on the 96 GMC she drives although she is insured on all the other cars as well.
Why did you name your daughter Ballpark?

rod

Retired 22 years
We bought our 2 kids their first car (at the time about a thousand dollar car--used and nothing special). We also paid for insurance up to what "honor roll insurance cost". Anything over what "honor roll" insurance cost they were to pay. My daughter didn't have any problem getting on the honor roll but my son wasn't that way------------until he was told about how much it would cost him out of his pocket if he wasn't on the honor roll. He got "smart" real quick.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
I know prices will be different depending on where you live. Just curious if anyone had experience with geico.

We picked our kids names differently than you. My sons name is Brad Pitt. My daughters is Thatwas Quick

You figure it out

jaker

trolling
We found it easier and cheaper to get our kids their own polices

When you add them on yours it counts as if they are going to drive all the cars , deductible and your limits , but when you put them on their own its just them and their car

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Your getting brave Jaker being up this late lol. Chillin jamming to some Skillet on the bluetooths, Life is good chillin like a mother lol.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Thanks for all the responses. We ended up staying with the insurance company we have. Geico price came in low, because of the coverage limits they offered.

Between bundling our homeowners, good student discount, etc., AAA auto was slightly more, but double the coverage that geico offered.

Does anybody have an umbrella policy?
What are the limits? Who's it with, & what's the cost?