Personal Day

BigBrown609

I put in for a personal day for this Friday. It was approved by my supervisor last week and he gave me my piece of paper with his approval on it. Today he tells me that the center will be busier than anticipated and they have to "revisit" my scheduled personal day. How much time do they need to be able to change my personal day?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I put in for a personal day for this Friday. It was approved by my supervisor last week and he gave me my piece of paper with his approval on it. Today he tells me that the center will be busier than anticipated and they have to "revisit" my scheduled personal day. How much time do they need to be able to change my personal day?
Talk to your steward.

oldngray

nowhere special
Once they approve a day they can't force you to work. They can cry and beg you to work or try to lie to to to get you to work but you don't have to. You could work if you want to but it is your decision.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Once they approve a day they can't force you to work. They can cry and beg you to work or try to lie to to to get you to work but you don't have to. You could work if you want to but it is your decision.
The problem here is...and it's always been this way since I've worked here. All personal day requests are done verbally. I've requested days off a month in advance....and gotten verbal approval from my center manager. Then the week of, I remind my sup...and it's oh I don't remember approving that.

oldngray

nowhere special
The problem here is...and it's always been this way since I've worked here. All personal day requests are done verbally. I've requested days off a month in advance....and gotten verbal approval from my center manager. Then the week of, I remind my sup...and it's oh I don't remember approving that.

In my center you had to submit a request in writing.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
8 days I believe. I wouldn't talk anymore about it unless he brings it up. I would say oh I won't be here I have an option day.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll

In my local, if they approve it and they then ask you to work, you're entitled to time and a half for all day

JackStraw

You asked for the day, he gave it. End of story. If it's that important you won't go in. If you work, then it must not be that important.

BigBrown609

I had a written request and then he gave me a written confirmation that it was approved.