Personal Introduction Interested Applicant- Package Handler Part Time

jll2258

Greetings,

My name is Jessica, I am 24 and am interested in a UPS package handler position located in *, Virginia . I am currently a student at a local community college and I also am about to complete a Career Diploma course in Medical Billing and Coding on Oct. 28, 2011. I am interested in working for UPS Part Time for several years if available and also; supplement my current income to help pay for college, benefits, and the hours of twilight shift (3:00am-9:30am) that I applied to are perfect for my schedule.

On Sept. 06, 2011 at 5:30am I was scheduled and attended a tour of the UPS facility for the twilight shift. After completing the tour I was told by the supervisor giving the tour that the Human Resources Personnel would be getting in contact with me in a couple of days. I went home and checked the UPS careers website and it had a scheduled opening with Human Resources on Sept. 06, 2011 at 5:30am, the same time as the tour I just completed. I have gone back onto the website everyday since the tour but no openings to meet with Human Resources are available. Realizing that accepting applications doesn't mean that there are immediately openings available. I was wondering if anyone with experience within this direct facility or one of the surrounding UPS Facilities (as I have noticed different responses from different service areas) that could possibly shed some light into whether it would be a good idea to give the UPS location a call or make an unscheduled appearance to show my interests would help my chances of being called contacted by HR?

Thank you,

Jessica

jll2258

Hello Again,
I made a mistake in my original post and would like to clarify; It was actually the "Sunrise" shift from 3:30am to 8:30 I was originally interested in applying, Twilight being from 5:00pm to 10pm. Also, for anyone else who may have this same concern expressed above, I made the decision to contact the supervisor who had given me my initial tour and told them about my scheduling situation. The supervisor reassured me and let me know to keep using the UPS Career website for appointment scheduling availability updates.

Hi Jessica

We were going through the applications and came across two "Jessica`s". Unfortunately we were unable to match them up to whom we believe is the correct applicant. Would it be possible for you to post a pic of yourself and we will match the photo against the security video which has a time stamp on it which will allow us to match it to the application filled out nearest that time.

Thanks for you help on this and I`m sure we can get this matter corrected promptly.

Klein

klein

Für Meno :)
JERK !!
Someone needs help and that's how you react ?!!!

Here are a few neg reps for you (I know, I'll lose out, but that was totally uncalled for) !

Sorry, Jessica, we have some members on this site that act childish, and by no means take the post from Cashsux seriously.

JERK !!
Someone needs help and that's how you react ?!!!

Here are a few neg reps for you (I know, I'll lose out, but that was totally uncalled for) !

Sorry, Jessica, we have some members on this site that act childish, and by no means take the post from Cashsux seriously.

Apparently you were the only one that did, hotdog. Whats the matter, don`t like it when someone else beats you to the new girl? Besides, I was trying to do you a favor and sweet talk her for you. I know you get nervous talking to girls if you dont have candy to hand out.

Last edited:
P

pickup

Greetings,

My name is Jessica, I am 24 and am interested in a UPS package handler position located in *, Virginia . I am currently a student at a local community college and I also am about to complete a Career Diploma course in Medical Billing and Coding on Oct. 28, 2011. I am interested in working for UPS Part Time for several years if available and also; supplement my current income to help pay for college, benefits, and the hours of twilight shift (3:00am-9:30am) that I applied to are perfect for my schedule.

On Sept. 06, 2011 at 5:30am I was scheduled and attended a tour of the UPS facility for the twilight shift. After completing the tour I was told by the supervisor giving the tour that the Human Resources Personnel would be getting in contact with me in a couple of days. I went home and checked the UPS careers website and it had a scheduled opening with Human Resources on Sept. 06, 2011 at 5:30am, the same time as the tour I just completed. I have gone back onto the website everyday since the tour but no openings to meet with Human Resources are available. Realizing that accepting applications doesn't mean that there are immediately openings available. I was wondering if anyone with experience within this direct facility or one of the surrounding UPS Facilities (as I have noticed different responses from different service areas) that could possibly shed some light into whether it would be a good idea to give the UPS location a call or make an unscheduled appearance to show my interests would help my chances of being called contacted by HR?

Thank you,

Jessica

Jessica, since you asked, my advice would be to place a call(if no answer , voicemail) once a week just to let them know you are still interested in the position(assuming you have the number). If upon entering and leaving the facility on the day you had your tour and you felt like you were going through airport security in order to get on a plane, then it is more than likely that making unscheduled appearances will get you no farther than the security guards at the gate.

Best of luck and don't mind cachsux and klein, they have a "kind of thing" going on.

moreluck

golden ticket member
PU`s right. Ever since our relationship fell apart and I went back to girls Klein and I have been arguing. Sorry.
Now see, if you had taken advantage of the New York gay marriage thing, you'd be involved in a bitter divorce and who'd get the weiner wagon??