Personal leave of absence

TylerB

I requested a leave of absence to take care of some family matter. It was denied by my supervisor. HR told me my supervisor makes that call so they could not help me. My specific situation does not qualify for FMLA as well. In addition to those denied requests my union representative told me to “take care”. What are my options here?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I requested a leave of absence to take care of some family matter. It was denied by my supervisor. HR told me my supervisor makes that call so they could not help me. My specific situation does not qualify for FMLA as well. In addition to those denied requests my union representative told me to “take care”. What are my options here?
1. Quit
2. Stop showing up
3. Have somebody else take care of your
“Family matter”

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
what happened, we need exact details to help you properly
✊🧔

You might need to get your business agent involved in this matter

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
what happened, we need exact details to help you properly
✊🧔
He is a problem absentee'r...

Burned all his excuses...

Needed to call out for a real emergency...

Came to the webz to cry and get sympathy...

Wife is going to leave him...

Kids will call the mailman daddy...

All kinds of stuff...

Allllll kiiiiiiiiiinds

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

All kinds of stuff...

Allllll kiiiiiiiiiinds
Yeeeeessshhhhh

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

You need to follow the contractual procedure.

ARTICLE 16. LEAVE OF ABSENCE

Section 2.

"Any employee desiring leave of absence from employment shall secure written permission from both the Union and the Employer.

The request for leave of absence shall be made in writing at least thirty (30) days before the day on which the leave is sought to commence. If the leave is not foreseeable, the employee shall submit the written request as soon as possible and shall include an explanation why the leave was not foreseeable.

The Employer and Union shall respond to the request in writing within ten (10) days after receiving the request."

-Bug-

TylerB

All kinds of stuff...

Allllll kiiiiiiiiiinds
Thanks for the reply. You seem like a real stand up guy based on your response. In reality I don’t qualify for FMLA because I won’t be the primary care taker of my grandmother, it will be a collective effort with my family and I. She lives in another state and we are wanting to take turns going out there to help in order to keep our jobs. Hope all is well. Thanks.

TylerB

All kinds of stuff...

Allllll kiiiiiiiiiinds
Thanks for the reply. You seem like a real stand up guy based on your response. In reality I don’t qualify for FMLA because I won’t be the primary care taker of my grandmother, it will be a collective effort with my family and I. She lives in another state and we are wanting to take turns going out there to help in order to keep our jobs. Hope all is well.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Thanks for the reply. You seem like a real stand up guy based on your response. In reality I don’t qualify for FMLA because I won’t be the primary care taker of my grandmother, it will be a collective effort with my family and I. She lives in another state and we are wanting to take turns going out there to help in order to keep our jobs. Hope all is well.
Your sarcasm is noted.

But there is truth in most jokes.

With that aside...

The world is based on communication.

Effective communication at that.

Based on your information provided... Had you not waited until the last minute to communicate this to those that need to know it..

You might not be in the situation you are in.

Don't know your full circumstances but I'll share this...

Few months ago my father passed.

His last couple months with us...I was hardly ever at work.

How many occurrences do I have? 0

This is because...

Referring back to the effective communication...

I made sure that they knew what was going on along with documentation.

This is from a guy who openly hates my center manager and he just as much feels the same about me.

I didn't come to the webs to cry.

I handled business...

As the stand up dude that you called me.

So...

I wish you luck with your employment and personal situations.

Hope this helps.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
So, you just want to be able to come and go to work as you please
Doubt ups is gonna go along with this

Back From Break
I don’t qualify for FMLA

Article 16 Section 2 is different than Section 6 dealing with FMLA. You can be granted leave without requesting FMLA, but as @BigUnionGuy posted, you need to follow the contract. Submit it in writing and see what happens. Don't take your sup's word for it.

I don’t qualify for FMLA because I won’t be the primary care taker of my grandmother, it will be a collective effort with my family and I. She lives in another state and we are wanting to take turns going out there to help in order to keep our jobs.

And why don't you qualify for FMLA?

For the time that you are caring for your grandmother, you are the primary care giver. When your other family is out there, they are the primary care giver. Your other family cannot do it fulltime, everyday, That is why FMLA can be intermittent.

File the paperwork and see what happens. While FMLA doesn't specify grandparent, you never know.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Free ticket out of duty! Sorry, boss won't let me off...

J.D. Hogg

Go to work.