pet peeves

City Driver

what are some work related things that really piss you off?

i gotta say my number one thing is people who give you advice on things when you didnt want the advice or need it or ask for it

theres 1 dockworker in particular who does it to EVERYBODY......he thinks his shhh dont stink and that he knows everything about everything.....and hes only been in the freight business for 6 months

and we have a driver named JR who gives everybody advice when they dont want it.......if i dont ask for help or tell you i need help why are you trying to help me? im talking about little things, they give advice on the most petty of things.....even after i tell them both very stern i dont need your advice i know what the friend* im doing they still do it....to everybody

another thing that really gets me is drivers who wont let you over or cut right in front of you.........60,000 lbs dont stop on a dime!:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

govols019

You smell that?
Drivers that work for UPS Freight that want me to stop and listen about how much harder their job is than mine. Like I have time for that.

NHDRVR

Pet peeves??

Yeah,
I got a few...

My dog doesn't bite (liar) - Sig. req. customers who are never home and always wait til' day 3 for the reroute - If you want the pkg. at the house, and it was snowing, you better address my 'safe walk path' (also appropriate for the 4 inches of mud during the Spring) - Someone 'in house' who tells a customer the exact time they can expect me at their house - Don't lean out the front door, you know the one with the trash and loose steps, and expect me to climb the pile to bring up your bowflex, it is going near the garage which is the same 'common entrance' that you use - I didn't leave your pkg. in the rain so don't expect me to p/u a soaking wet pkg. with a calltag - Yes, I know it's cold out, I'm working in it (also works with Summer heat) - I have been coming to (insert address here) for 4 years and you can't leave me a note when there is a problem? You call the 1 800 # ? Open the door and say hello - I am not waiting for you to come to the door when it takes you 7 minutes to get there, stop and drop baby - No, I don't know your cousins husband who worked 1-25 years ago in the Chelmsford, MA / Atlanta, GA facility - I will look out for your sleeping dog in the driveway when you make an effort to yell at him/her to move (I will meet you half way on this one, just make a friggin' effort) - I'm not leaving you room to pass me, it's called a space cushion, look it up - Sorry, I know it's my job and I get a paycheck for it, but, if you ask me to do more than the normal customer and, because of this, your normal driver release turns into a federal project, you could throw me a bone with a $10 Dunkin Donuts gift card for the holidays, after all, I am at your house every day with QVC/Amazon/HSN/Lands End/JC Penny.

I'm just sayin'.....

No such person

Southern Ct.
" Can I give you a package " , so I wait for two minutes, and sure enough the label says USPS, then I have to explain that we're not part of the Post Office. Oh, and getting a OCA for an office, and they hand you an envelope, and you point out to them that they have a letterbox in their lobby, and they say, " But this is so much easier "

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
When a customer calls the center and RANTS that they are leaving for the airport in 3 hours and need a package redelivered ASAP. They need it for their trip.

Funny how that has happened 10 times in my 8 years driving.

(Don't forget to take down the laundry from the line !!)

Sammie

Bicyclists who insist on using a busy road in heavy traffic when
there's an available sidewalk.

There's no one around for miles and someone speeds up to get
ahead of you in your lane, only to slow down in front of you.

When it's clear that a lane is closed ahead and people must
merge, there are those idiots who drive 70 MPH until the lane
ends, then muscle their way into the traffic who waited
their turn. :angry-very2:

jds4lunch

What the hell is YOUPS??
UPS MANAGEMENT!

But seriously, just to name a few:
Office people who make more of an effort to point to thier name tag, which is usually not posted in plain view, instead of just telling you what thier name is. Another is people who tell you how to spell thier name after telling you thier name is Jones, Smith or Brown, etc. I had a lady just yesterday tell me her name was "Jones, with a J". Did she honestly think that I was thinking that Jones started with an friend? Or, how about customers who tell you that your late when your delivering ground packages? Maybe they just like giving the cover guys a hard time.

Long story short, I guess general incompetance of any sort grinds my gears.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Cover drivers who feel the need to reorganize my truck. It's not your's, don't :censored2: with it!!!! Or put it back when your done. I have my stuff in certain places for a reason.

quocko

cars that are parked in the street. seriously if you cant find a house because there are no numbers just deliver it to the house with the car in the street. more then likely its the right one.