pet peeves

moreluck

golden ticket member
RE: your #2 pet peeve.......Seniors in CA. turn on their left turn signals in the morning and leave them on all day long!!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I had to restart this thread. Today I told two separate households off for the way they treat their kids. am I losing it?
Twice in one day. I heard parents and I use the term loosely, as they should not ever have bred. Yelling at their children, calling them ********s:sad-very:, 2 and three year old, and the friend word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I told them it was child abuse, treat your baby daddy, sister, whatever any way you want but you should never.................... ever speak to those kids in that kind of way, What the hell is wrong with people? They just put down their phones and looked at me. They make me sick. I wanted to punch them, a second more and I may have. I guess I need to seriously get out of this line of work. And if they call and report me, what side will management take? Tell me to mind my own business? Tell me I get paid to deliver and not save the world? I dont care, it needs to be said, maybe they just dont know it is not normal to call your baby son a dick head.
Lord put your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

DS

Fenderbender
June I wouldn't be surprised if you got a code 14 .
I support your desire to change the world,but from what I gather,people that treat their kids this way
don't give a rats @ss what some ups driver thinks.
Hell, the number to complain is right there on your truck.
And they have their I-phones ready.
If you think things are that bad,call the police.
It's criminal to not report child abuse in some states.
http://www.childwelfare.gov/systemwide/laws_policies/statutes/report.cfm

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

DS, CPS does not have the resources to investigate reports of physical abuse, let alone verbal abuse.

Tooner, your heart is obviously in the right place, but you need to learn to distance yourself while wearing the uniform. It is not our place to dispense parenting advice.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I called the dog warden once because the dog had no food or water. The warden told the offender that the UPS lady had called. The offender called UPS to complain and my center manager, at the time, told me I can't do what I did. I told him to show me in writing. We stared at each other for a couple of minutes. I walked out with the knowledge I will do so whenever I SEE FIT!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I called the dog warden once because the dog had no food or water. The warden told the offender that the UPS lady had called. The offender called UPS to complain and my center manager, at the time, told me I can't do what I did. I told him to show me in writing. We stared at each other for a couple of minutes. I walked out with the knowledge I will do so whenever I SEE FIT!

Like it or not, when you wear the uniform you represent the company and, no, you can't be calling the dog warden and identfying yourself as the UPS lady when calling in a complaint. You can and should call in any suspected cases of abuse, whether animal or human, but not as a representative of the company.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Like it or not, when you wear the uniform you represent the company and, no, you can't be calling the dog warden and identfying yourself as the UPS lady when calling in a complaint. You can and should call in any suspected cases of abuse, whether animal or human, but not as a representative of the company.
I called on my own time when I got home. The warden asked how I knew the dog had no food or water. I said I just delivered a package. I did not say I was the UPS lady. I am assuming the offender could add 2+2, as the only package on their steps when I left was delivered by UPS. Great job at assuming, once again.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You did the right thing by reporting the abuse.

You did the wrong thing when you said "I just delivered a package".

Your center manager was right. You represent the company when you wear the uniform and cannot use that representation to further your own agenda, whether it be justified or not.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I doubt that a place that doesn't provide food and water has much worth stealing.

You did the right thing--you just should have remained anonymous or at least not mentioned the company.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I didn't mention UPS. The warden asked, I answered that I delivered a package there. Could have been Fed-Up for all the warden knew at that time. I didn't lie, like you so often accuse me of. As I have said many times before, I don't lie. I don't expect or care if you believe me.

ups1990

You got up bright and early and made yourself a juicy and succulent lunch only to find out after opening the cooler that you forget to put it inside said cooler.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Along those lines....

You wake up at 4am to go run with a group at 5am. You decide to ride your bike there. as well. On the way, you get a flat, but are still a mile away. You decide to ride, with the flat, and change it after you run. You then realize, after arriving, that your spare tube and flat fix kit, are in your other bike back, at home.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
DS, CPS does not have the resources to investigate reports of physical abuse, let alone verbal abuse.

Tooner, your heart is obviously in the right place, but you need to learn to distance yourself while wearing the uniform. It is not our place to dispense parenting advice.
Thanks all, and yes I should distance myself. And I usually do.
But, I was just off vacation where everything was sunshine and hummingbirds....then back to the real world, or at least one miserable part of it.
And I will never look the other way when I see physical abuse, especially of children, amimals and elderly. I usually dont say anything I just report it. Women between 18 to 50, getting beat up by their spouse, clearly visible, yes I will say something to them. But they need to correct the behavior that allows them to be a doormat. The vulnerables need help, those I will help, by calling. Then I try to forget it and go about my own business.
Sorry for venting I had a rough day yesterday, that crap really upsets me. Not just as a mother, and grandmother but as a human being.

over9five

Staff member
Thanks all, and yes I should distance myself. And I usually do.
But, I was just off vacation where everything was sunshine and hummingbirds....then back to the real world, or at least one miserable part of it.
And I will never look the other way when I see physical abuse, especially of children, amimals and elderly. I usually dont say anything I just report it. Women between 18 to 50, getting beat up by their spouse, clearly visible, yes I will say something to them. But they need to correct the behavior that allows them to be a doormat. The vulnerables need help, those I will help, by calling. Then I try to forget it and go about my own business.
Sorry for venting I had a rough day yesterday, that crap really upsets me. Not just as a mother, and grandmother but as a human being.

I think you did the right thing.

Only PCers saying you shouldn't have, they are WRONG.

Last edited by a moderator:

upsgrunt

I think you did the right thing too! Isn't there a "good samaritin" law that protects you when you try to help someone in need? Even if there isn't, you still have my support and approval.

Way to go June.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
When preloaders load obviously damaged or open packages in my TP60. I'm sick and tired of having to try to figure out what merchandise goes into what box every morning!

What'dyabringmetoday???

"Youzguys must be gettin' busy."

"Those trucks got air conditioning? Hahahaha, snicker, grunt, chortle."

"Cold enough for you? Snicker, tee hee, har, har har."

"Hot enough for you? " " " " " "

"Youzguys get good benefits."