Peterson

ex fed exer

spoke to Peterson today.

He has been at fed ex for 14 years now, 12 as a driver, and is still $2.95 away from top pay.

fed ex is a good deal for me!

God bless Fred S

LTFedExer

Peterson is a courier at fed ex. He was once a company man who almost went into management.

12 YEARS AS A DRIVER AND STILL NOT AT TOP RATE. YET,HE IS EXPECTED TO RUN NUMBERS AS THOUGH HE IS!
The numbers for a given route are set for that route, not based on the couriers salary. Doesn't matter if you're a topped out/30 year courier or a new hire.

ex fed exer

The numbers for a given route are set for that route, not based on the couriers salary. Doesn't matter if you're a topped out/30 year courier or a new hire.

peterson is with the express side of the company not the R.P.S. that later became ground.

remember express, the real federal express that started in 1973 and built the company that you now work for

the one that topped out in 6 months then 12 then 18 then 24.

the one with the benefits, insurance, pension, raises, retirement plan, gave a damn about the employees before r.p.s. and the i'll work for free because i'm stupid and the union is bad mentality showed up

INSTEAD OF GROUND BEING LIFTED TO EXPRESS(1973) EXPRESS WAS LOWERED TO PRESENT DAY GROUNDAND PETRESON SUFFERS BECAUSE OF CLOWNS LIKE YOU.

quadro

What facts? His point was that they expect someone making $15 per hour to run just as hard as someone who is topped out. How hard is that to understand?
It's not hard to understand. That was my point. LT pointed out that goals are set for the route not the person's salary. When he did so, you took a jab at him seemingly because his fact gets in the way of the story this thread is trying to tell.

LTFedExer

It's not hard to understand. That was my point. LT pointed out that goals are set for the route not the person's salary. When he did so, you took a jab at him seemingly because his fact gets in the way of the story this thread is trying to tell.
It's his MO quadro. I don't take it personally.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It's his MO quadro. I don't take it personally.

The author of this thread was trying to make the point that "Peterson" has run his butt off for 12 years, and Fred Almighty doesn't think he's deserving of top wage. LT said that goals are set for the route, not the salary...that's fine. I'm adding the comment that the same expectations are there for the newbie who makes $15 per hour, and that everyone must run their butt off, regardless of years of service. If you make goal, why shouldn't you also make top wage, since we are, after all, a merit-based company right? Horse:censored2:!!

Once "Peterson" gets hurt or sick, FedEx will jettison him ASAP and plug some new person in there for less money with the same high expectations.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Not my company but one of the adages that I believe in very strongly is that "you get what you pay for" and it's mirror "you pay for what you get". Just saying!

quadro

The author of this thread was trying to make the point that "Peterson" has run his butt off for 12 years, and Fred Almighty doesn't think he's deserving of top wage. LT said that goals are set for the route, not the salary...that's fine. I'm adding the comment that the same expectations are there for the newbie who makes $15 per hour, and that everyone must run their butt off, regardless of years of service. If you make goal, why shouldn't you also make top wage, since we are, after all, a merit-based company right? Horse:censored2:!!

Once "Peterson" gets hurt or sick, FedEx will jettison him ASAP and plug some new person in there for less money with the same high expectations.
Calling him quadro jr added absolutely nothing to this thread. All it did was to serve as a diversion away from the fact that LT stated. So you didn't want the facts to get in the way of a good story.

Being a merit-based company simply means that raises are based on merit. It doesn't mean, as you are trying to imply, that if two people do the same work they should be paid the same. Most companies, whether merit-based or not, including UPS, pay different wages for the same work.

quadro

Not my company but one of the adages that I believe in very strongly is that "you get what you pay for" and it's mirror "you pay for what you get". Just saying!
Unfortunately, you don't always get what you pay for. There are many employees at many companies that are not good at their jobs and yet they get paid the same as those who are.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Calling him quadro jr added absolutely nothing to this thread. All it did was to serve as a diversion away from the fact that LT stated. So you didn't want the facts to get in the way of a good story.

Being a merit-based company simply means that raises are based on merit. It doesn't mean, as you are trying to imply, that if two people do the same work they should be paid the same. Most companies, whether merit-based or not, including UPS, pay different wages for the same work.

UPS only pays different wages for 3 years. Then the new employee is at full scale. Just like FedEx?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Yep. The new breed of FedEx couriers prove this point. It's impossible to attract and retain quality employees for what FedEx pays. That is why turnover remains high even in a down economy.

probellringer

not for nothing...but i spoke to a usps employee....they reach top pay in 12 yrs.....yes---12 yrs...i believe if you get hurt or something-it gets pushed back...i did not know that

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
not for nothing...but i spoke to a usps employee....they reach top pay in 12 yrs.....yes---12 yrs...i believe if you get hurt or something-it gets pushed back...i did not know that

Package Car is 3 years as far as I know. That doesn't include years spent as a handler etc.