Pharmacy Alert in Powerpad. Explains it now....

thedownhillEXPRESS

Looks like the company was trying to avoid a 40 million dollar fine as Brown was subjected to. They still may be on the hook for some penalty. See how it plays out.

UPS illegal drug deliveries halted after criminal probe - Portland Top News | Examiner.com

Hardly going to avoid anything.

UPS settled early.

Fedex, the stuborn cocky bastards corporate are, have denied any wrongdoing and are taunting the Department of Justice like they are in 3rd grade.

My money is on a 100 million ballpark settlement in the near future simply because of cockiness.

They made this decision to fight back when they thought Romney was gonna win, now they are

Nolimitz

How in the world does a PP prompt while delivering to a legit pharm. in any way stop (or even reduce) the del of drug from an illegal pharm. to a resi customer? It's like a stock broker pleading guilty to insider trading yet not admitting any wrong doing....

TUT

The best comment was in response to this:
For several years UPS continued the shipment of drugs from the illegal pharmacies in Virginia, Kentucky and other areas.

Why not go after the illegal pharmacy?

jmeti000

The best comment was in response to this:
For several years UPS continued the shipment of drugs from the illegal pharmacies in Virginia, Kentucky and other areas.

Why not go after the illegal pharmacy?

Proabably because its easier to target a large corporation with larger sums of cash...UPS or FedEx.

Doc Sorting Dude

Not all Pharmacy shipments are caught in PPD. Not paying attention? Mgr's will ding you with an OLCC to cover their butt. Pharmacy prompt comes up even at non-pharmacy dels (animal clinics, etc..) If the prompt comes up I put pharmacy anyway

whenIgetthere

They told us about the update, but I have yet to see the prompt even at pharmacies

You cant miss the prompt, it beeps Pharmcay delivery or similar(can't think of the exact terminology on the PPAD) when you van the package, and again when you POD the package. Asks if yuo are at the pharmacy, you can hit yes or no, and then the option to continue with the delivery if you're not at the pharmacy. I have three stops with pharmacies, but UPS and Fedex are not allowed to go there for various security reasons, so I click no and continue with delivery. Haven't heard back from mgr, though she was made aware of these stops when the prompt was added last month.

hypo hanna

You cant miss the prompt, it beeps Pharmcay delivery or similar(can't think of the exact terminology on the PPAD) when you van the package, and again when you POD the package. Asks if yuo are at the pharmacy, you can hit yes or no, and then the option to continue with the delivery if you're not at the pharmacy. I have three stops with pharmacies, but UPS and Fedex are not allowed to go there for various security reasons, so I click no and continue with delivery. Haven't heard back from mgr, though she was made aware of these stops when the prompt was added last month.

I hope you told your manager in writing about those stops and had him sign it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Please, do not do anything but "Work As Directed". That means not bypassing PowerPad prompts or any policies that tell you not to do something. You are simply inviting them to fire you because this whole new prompt was designed specifically to prevent liabilty. In other words, they will blame you, and you will be getting an OLCC or worse.

Even if you think you're doing the "right thing", don't do it. Just follow their directions and policies, however stupid or misguided they may seem.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I deliver to a boat load of pharmacys (like 5 off the top of my head) Only one certain name brand store gives me the double beep at van and pod and asks me if I'm "at the pharmacy"? All the other ones are the same as they always were.

whenIgetthere

Please, do not do anything but "Work As Directed". That means not bypassing PowerPad prompts or any policies that tell you not to do something. You are simply inviting them to fire you because this whole new prompt was designed specifically to prevent liabilty. In other words, they will blame you, and you will be getting an OLCC or worse.

Even if you think you're doing the "right thing", don't do it. Just follow their directions and policies, however stupid or misguided they may seem.

As soon as I do so (because the pharmacies are INSIDE the prisons, I ain't going in there, and we aren't allowed in there anyway), I send a message to my manager and dispatcher with tracking number and address, this is how I am"working as directed" by my senior manager when this happens! When this started, I spoke to them about this specific stop, and that is what I have been "directed" to do. And yes, I have these instructions in writing from the SM, one copy taped to the back of my clipboard, the other stored safely at home.