Pharmacy

I GOT ONE MORE

How many stops were a pharmacy for you today?

Apparently, a rocket scientist at UPS decided to change the delivery location selection menu, the one after you hit stop complete.

# 8 used to be receiver........now it's pharmacy. LOL

I wonder how many problems, if any , this will create in follow ups, etc.

There is no selection for 2....that's where they should have put pharmacy and deleted the 8 selection if more clarity in the delivery location was the intent.

No notice, no heads up.......I must have delivered to at 50 pharmacies today.

1-residential
2-?
3-dock
4-front desk
5-reception
6-mail room
7-office
8-PHARMACY
9-guard
0-other

Cementups

Box Monkey
damn, thanks for the notice. i'm on vacation this week and I would have never know. I use 8 for almost every signature delivery that isn't a residence. guess i will have to change that.

John19841

Uh oh....Is that everywhere or maybe just a local thing? Because if it changed for me, I definitely did not notice. Nor did I look; natural reaction. Just hit 8.

I guess we'll see tomorrow.

outamyway

They did that at my center only. But they have us use a different centers board on Saturdays and the selection has not been changed. So I'm in the habit of pushing toggle E, which is "receiver" in our centers board, at almost every dock or receiving delivery. I still do it every once in a while on Saturday and I have no idea what toggle E is on the other centers board. Never even bothered to look.

It's hard to break such a routine habit.

Mike Hawk

They should let you customize your own, so you can hit a button for "shop" or something similar, rather than typing it out. I don't think I have ever used guard or mail room, and front desk/reception are pretty much the same thing so that’s 3 extra options right there.

johnhammer

Does not surprise me, I have been in feeders for 5 months(out of the loop). this is just about what the think tank comes up with... I think it used to be on the 2nd list marked other... now whats next? I got an idea how about asking the drivers first be for they put it into the next update... Oh wait, that will never happen this is UPS!

brownrodster

I must have delivered to over 100 pharmacies today. I don't even read those screens anymore. Often times I'm typing and not even looking at the diad at the same time.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll remember to check that screen.

Re-Raise

I must have delivered to over 100 pharmacies today. I don't even read those screens anymore. Often times I'm typing and not even looking at the diad at the same time.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll remember to check that screen.

Same here . If someone asked me to tell them which buttons to push I am not sure I could. I hate how easy it is to accidently get to signed delivery notice by pushing the signature key twice. I still don't know how to void that and get back.

Same here . If someone asked me to tell them which buttons to push I am not sure I could. I hate how easy it is to accidently get to signed delivery notice by pushing the signature key twice. I still don't know how to void that and get back.
Just do it again and it will ask you if you want to delete it. Answer yes.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Apparently, a rocket scientist at UPS decided to change the delivery location selection menu, the one after you hit stop complete.

There is no selection for 2....that's where they should have put pharmacy and deleted the 8 selection if more clarity in the delivery location was the intent.

1-residential
2-?
3-dock
4-front desk
5-reception
6-mail room
7-office
8-PHARMACY
9-guard
0-other

These selections are configurable at the center level.
Rocket Scientist :biting: was at the local level.
You should let your local rocket scientist know so he/she can change it back.

Re-Raise

How many stops were a pharmacy for you today?

I wonder how many problems, if any , this will create in follow ups, etc.

No notice, no heads up.......I must have delivered to at 50 pharmacies today.

1-residential
2-?
3-dock
4-front desk
5-reception
6-mail room
7-office
8-PHARMACY
9-guard
0-other

Thanks for the heads up on this. I checked today and ours are changed also. Receiver is now on the second page under the letter D. I called our on-car and asked what the friend..., did I miss this PCM. He said don't you look at the screen? Once again My management team informs me in a timely manner of changes that affect me.....

When is the next ERI survey?

Even after I knew they were changed I still pushed 8 accidently on about half of them. Old habits are hard to break.

Cementups

Box Monkey
did I miss this PCM. He said don't you look at the screen? Once again My management team informs me in a timely manner of changes that affect me.....

I know after 3 or so years with DIAD IV I don't have to look at any of hte keys, so that was a stupid question on his part.