PHL NIGHT SORT OPERATION Monday night

Nimnim

The Nim
I'm not really surprised at this. Here in Florida we switched from our normal Friday Philly trailer load to an air can load so it'd get there presumably before the storm. As far as running routes, I can see some, but things coming into the area they won't deem it safe enough.

A package car or two getting blown off the road is a lot less of a loss to the company than a feeder being blown off the road.

alwaysoverallowed

The contract states that the company has to notify us not us ask them. I checked the website it said we were working I showed up and gates where locked I'll be filing for my 8

alwaysoverallowed

Yeah I did show up, half hour early at that, and took a picture of the local sort managers' car behind the locked gate. I called another driver and he said he called our on-road to see if we were open and he said no. I asked the other driver when he decided to call him and said he clicked over to talk to me.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Wind gust to over 60 in philly area tomorrow, if UPS sends people out in that I never ever want to hear about safety from UPS again.

If they send people out in weather like that everyone should just refuse.

I've dealt with 60 mph wind gusts many times. That doesn't mean I think they should work.