Photography inside the hub?

UPSaxel

Does anybody know if UPS prohibits photography inside of the building? If I can get a photographic device through the guard gate of course. Also do property passes only apply to cellular devices or could I get one for a camera?

Nimnim

The Nim
As far as I know they do prohibit taking photos. Now that's not to say those with passes to bring their phones in, don't ever take pictures with those.

Why do you want to take a picture anyways?

Also property passes can apply to other things, but cell phones are the most common.

abc123

My old shop steward used to bring a camera in for safety barbecues but she only took pictures outside and of people, not UPS property.

Ever since my cellphone had a camera I have documented things with photographs. I take pictures of diad text messages if I think I will need it down the road. I take pictures of my loads in the morning from the back of the truck and from the bulkhead door.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
It is against policy for an hourly employee to take pictures inside of any UPS facility.
Says who?

Don't ask me about taking pictures of UPS property, I know nothink!

sgt-schultz-sgt-shultz-knowing-nothing-demotivational-poster-1262241779.jpg

Returntosender

You can't take pictures once on property. But you take picture from the outside looking in get your self a high powered camera. I have pictures of packages just thrown off the dock piled up in a mountain about a 3 feet high. Use their insurance fraud tactic against them.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
there is a sign hanging on our guardshack fence that read, "NO CAMERAS ALLOWED" or something like that.
We don't have a guard shack. We don't even have a guard. No checking in or checking out. No signs and haven't been told that I wasn't allowed to possess or use a camera. I have been told that I may not photograph UPS's property and use it for internet hilarity, but aside from that, nothing. I believe that you may photograph anything that is accessible to the public eye.

BrownArmy

We have a guard shack outside our center (for what it's worth), but no signs saying "No Cameras Allowed".

Some other posters have alluded to needing 'passes' to bring simple items like cell phones into the work space...not so at our center: I assure you I could bring in a %%%% and never get caught. Trying to get things out of the center is possibly another story...

Point being, every single person in my center who has a camera-cell phone has a camera inside the building.

Who's going to say what about that?

(P.S. what are you going to take pictures of anyway? Trucks? Belts? Boxes?)

fethrs

Does anybody know if UPS prohibits photography inside of the building? If I can get a photographic device through the guard gate of course. Also do property passes only apply to cellular devices or could I get one for a camera?

It is prohibited and you will not be able to get a property pass for a camera.
I wouldn't even try it, that is a good way to get terminated even with the union's help. It's just not worth it.
No pics at my hub or it's out the door!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We have a sign at outside of our pedestrian door going into the building that says "No cameras, cell phones, or weapons allowed". Maybe I will take a picture of it and post it Monday.

We have used our phones camera to take photos of trailer damage, trailer loads not being ready by cutoff, messages on the shiftcom, etc. Some have been shown to management directly, others held onto to CYA. We have never been told we can not do this as part of our job.

The irony is the building has more cameras built into it than it has doors. To watch us of course.

rod

Retired 22 years
Take all the pictures you want. No one would believe you anyway. They would say it was photoshoped:happy2: