Photos required all Res?

kaythabet

Please stop texting my phone
Just rolled out on diad 6 in Ontario Canada we are required to take a photo of every residential delivery unless handed directly to customer or adult sig required. No way around it, camera automatically pops up once for ex. Front door is pressed.

Anyone else dealing with this?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Yep, just took this one.

ups-2-jpg.18897

542thruNthru

Just rolled out on diad 6 in Ontario Canada we are required to take a photo of every residential delivery unless handed directly to customer or adult sig required. No way around it, camera automatically pops up once for ex. Front door is pressed.

Anyone else dealing with this?
Sounds like I'll be doing less stops and less DRs.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
My thoughts exactly, about to loose 10/15 and going on a hunt for the customer. Waiting for the in cab camera next, rumours are flying about that. However photos for DR dropped on us last minute.
What's the big deal taking a picture? Dump and go.

kaythabet

What's the big deal taking a picture? Dump and go.
I don’t see it as a massive deal, more of a nuisance. Just interested in learning how many more hubs got this dropped on them last minute.

Dump and go, i remember having to do that in the back of a truck after taco bell for lunch 🤭🤭

JustDeliverIt

My thoughts exactly, about to loose 10/15 and going on a hunt for the customer. Waiting for the in cab camera next, rumours are flying about that. However photos for DR dropped on us last minute.

Put cameras in the trucks last year here. They like to show clips of all the good and bad things that happen but no discipline as of yet here from them.

It is also a focus point of the IBT to have them removed so we’ll have to see what is put into this contract.

Its_a_me

Put cameras in the trucks last year here. They like to show clips of all the good and bad things that happen but no discipline as of yet here from them.

It is also a focus point of the IBT to have them removed so we’ll have to see what is put into this contract.
Don't put Trucker Clock on that negotiation. You'll end up with a Hoffa sycophant that will claim cameras are the best thing ever. The guy seems to love the 2013 and 2018 contracts like they were the best thing ever and claims there were absolutely no givebacks even when present with facts like health care now has a deductible, 22.4's do the same job for less, etc, etc.

He will probably have microphones installed besides the cameras and say it is the best solution to getting a higher wage.

kaythabet

I caught wind of that too, in cab will be huge in negotiations.

kaythabet

Looks like another blow to the runners. Wait till people start getting warning letters for improper DRs.
We questioned our sup about improper DRs etc the answers very ridiculously vague (not shocked) if it’s mailbox just take photo of mailbox, if letter between screen and house just take photo of door.
The reasoning was to prevent follow ups..

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
We questioned our sup about improper DRs etc the answers very ridiculously vague (not shocked) if it’s mailbox just take photo of mailbox, if letter between screen and house just take photo of door.
The reasoning was to prevent follow ups..
It’s not like ups pays out on claims anymore :rolleyes:

Its_a_me

I can’t wait to have to wait around on somebody’s doorstep because my board crashed and I have to take a :censored2:ing picture :smart:
Change or die is the expression.

Good luck negotiating against having to take pictures like competitors (amazon first and fed ex does it too now...door dash does it)

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Change or die is the expression.

Good luck negotiating against having to take pictures like competitors (amazon first and fed ex does it too now...door dash does it)
That’s nothing the union can negotiate on.
Union doesn’t control the functionally of a diad.