Pick off raise on topic

Birdblue

I’m curious about my pick off raise and that if management could take my dollar raise away from me because they put a new pick off on my belt and know we have 5 including myself. Also how many can a belt have on a belt and can they use that as there excuse to deduct it from my pay?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I’m curious about my pick off raise and that if management could take my dollar raise away from me because they put a new pick off on my belt and know we have 5 including myself. Also how many can a belt have on a belt and can they use that as there excuse to deduct it from my pay?

Congrats on the pick off job

hope you can keep up the pace or it’s back in the trailer for you

Turdferguson

Just a turd
They will fire you for pa mages that get past you and you miss

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
They will fire you for pa mages that get past you and you miss

I thought they were going to fire him for not going fast enough.

What pick off raise? Pick off was never a skilled position.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
2AC235AE-9F9F-44F5-9D6F-708E53CE7F9A.gif

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You've never worked in small sort, have you?

I did smalls, that was a skilled position. Maybe you guys have different pick off jobs. Ours consists of scanning and tossing packages into one, maybe two, trailers. It can get challenging sometimes, but to say it required skill is a stretch.

PT Car Washer

I did smalls, that was a skilled position. Maybe you guys have different pick off jobs. Ours consists of scanning and tossing packages into one, maybe two, trailers. It can get challenging sometimes, but to say it required skill is a stretch.
Small sort is no longer a skilled position with the scanners and the bins that light up. HVD and LVD are skilled positions.

Justaloader

Ah. Ours is different. We have two different levels of "pickoffs". One, we call the "L", and that one sorts into 5 doors. The "H", is a two man team, and sorts into 5 doors as well.

Small sort, on the other hand....you hold a package under a light while looking at a keypad with 24 buttons on it. The light scans the package, the keypad lights up to show you which bin to toss the package into (you have 24 corresponding bins to chose from, and those bins have lights that blink as well). My 5 year old can handle small sort.

Justaloader

Small sort is no longer a skilled position with the scanners and the bins that light up. HVD and LVD are skilled positions.

Not in our area. They did away with the raise that comes along with learning those positions. I know this from first hand experience, as I've been trained (and have worked a few weeks) on the LVD, and am currently training on the HVD as a backup.

Hopefully my bid for an air driver position goes through, and I won't have to worry about loading or pick-off anymore (although I like pickoff).

PT Car Washer

Not in our area. They did away with the raise that comes along with learning those positions. I know this from first hand experience, as I've been trained (and have worked a few weeks) on the LVD, and am currently training on the HVD as a backup.

Hopefully my bid for an air driver position goes through, and I won't have to worry about loading or pick-off anymore (although I like pickoff).
The last contract did away with the extra Dollar sort pay. Not sure if they took away the Dollar for sorters who have been in the position before last contract.

Justaloader

The last contract did away with the extra Dollar sort pay. Not sure if they took away the Dollar for sorters who have been in the position before last contract.
Yep. I just started with UPS this past August, so I'm SOL on that dollar. I'm just happy to get out of the trailers. I don't mind loading per se, but, given the choice I'll choose pick off every time versus loading.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Ah. Ours is different. We have two different levels of "pickoffs". One, we call the "L", and that one sorts into 5 doors. The "H", is a two man team, and sorts into 5 doors as well.

Small sort, on the other hand....you hold a package under a light while looking at a keypad with 24 buttons on it. The light scans the package, the keypad lights up to show you which bin to toss the package into (you have 24 corresponding bins to chose from, and those bins have lights that blink as well). My 5 year old can handle small sort.

Our center still doesn't have the smalls system you describe, so the skill level seems to be inverted between our buildings. Cool, thanks for the insight.

Justaloader

Our center still doesn't have the smalls system you describe, so the skill level seems to be inverted between our buildings. Cool, thanks for the insight.

Interesting. Next time I'm in that section (as they will randomly send loaders over there to help), if I remember, I'll take a video so you can see it first hand.