Pick-up a Package at UPS Hub BEFORE First Delivery

Brian0

Hi guys. I know this section is for UPS employees but I thought I still could ask here.

I have a package at the UPS hub in Concord, Ontario, Canada in which a destination scan was done a few hours ago. Would it be possible for me to pick it up in person tomorrow morning before they load the truck? I just don't want the UPS guy to leave the package at the doorstep where it might get wet. The delivery is set for Wednesday.

Earlier, I called the 1-800 number but they told me it was impossible for the package to be intercepted.
I am not an employee at UPS nor do I know anyone who works there.

Any advice would be good. Thanks.

P.S. does anyone have a direct number for the Concord UPS Customer Center ?

Buck Fifty

I suggest you go down to the hub early. Since most of us drivers don't start til 830 , go early and ask ifthey can retrieve it for you. Not sure how it is with more secure hubs, but at mine you just walk right in to the clerk.

Not sure of direct #, but Jenny will answer. I know someone will have it though !!!

Brian0

Thanks for the replies. I am in the area tomorrow (it's across York University) so I thought it might save the deliverer's time by picking it up myself.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I suggest you go down to the hub early. Since most of us drivers don't start til 830 , go early and ask ifthey can retrieve it for you. Not sure how it is with more secure hubs, but at mine you just walk right in to the clerk.

Not sure of direct #, but Jenny will answer. I know someone will have it though !!!
1-800-867-5309 should be it

DS

Fenderbender
I work at that hub.Why waste your time going through all that?
Leave a note on your door with instructions on where to leave the package.
If you're that worried about it getting wet,leave a garbage bag or something
for him to put it in.Myself,I always leave things where they won't get wet,but
we do have a few losers that don't give a crap.Heck,it might even be me that
has your package,but with about 400 drivers there,I doubt it.

upschick95

I really hate that 1-800 number, causes more harm then good. Then again I guess it makes perfect sense for UPS to hire people that have no clue as to the operations of UPS.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
2yj1e.jpg
2yj1e.jpg

Brian0

Well, I guess it comes down to whether the guys find it easier to rummage through the warehouse or to take a trip to the address. I just thought it would be a good idea to stop by and save some time for the delivery guy since I will be right across the street.

I'm not really concerned about the weather for Wednesday anymore. Seems like they are expecting a sunny day.

When I called the 1-800 number, a lady (representative) just read out the tracking information. She also told me that it was impossible to have my package intercepted at the hub (even by me) before the first delivery attempt. I even went on to say how it might save the delivery guy some time if I went to pick it up...

Soooo.. no... calling = waste of time for the most part :smart:

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Well, I guess it comes down to whether the guys find it easier to rummage through the warehouse or to take a trip to the address. I just thought it would be a good idea to stop by and save some time for the delivery guy since I will be right across the street.

I'm not really concerned about the weather for Wednesday anymore. Seems like they are expecting a sunny day.

When I called the 1-800 number, a lady (representative) just read out the tracking information. She also told me that it was impossible to have my package intercepted at the hub (even by me) before the first delivery attempt. I even went on to say how it might save the delivery guy some time if I went to pick it up...

Soooo.. no... calling = waste of time for the most part :smart:

There is an actual process called "intercept" in which when a package is scanned to go into a trailer from one center to another and the loader tries to load it the scanner will tell them to stop the package and a clerk will stop it's progress. Once it has made it to the final center it probably won't be scanned again except for a smaller routing label to be added and I'm not sure if they can intercept it at that point or not to tell you the truth. The driver when delivering can also sometimes get an intercept prompt but intercepts are reserved for fraud, redirects to other addresses/people and things of that nature. There is an option on the mychoice thing on ups.com where you can request a future delivery due to weather, etc. but it usually still goes out on the truck and up to the driver to honor it.

Brian0

There is an actual process called "intercept" in which when a package is scanned to go into a trailer from one center to another and the loader tries to load it the scanner will tell them to stop the package and a clerk will stop it's progress. Once it has made it to the final center it probably won't be scanned again except for a smaller routing label to be added and I'm not sure if they can intercept it at that point or not to tell you the truth. The driver when delivering can also sometimes get an intercept prompt but intercepts are reserved for fraud, redirects to other addresses/people and things of that nature. There is an option on the mychoice thing on ups.com where you can request a future delivery due to weather, etc. but it usually still goes out on the truck and up to the driver to honor it.

Too bad I live in Canada... where it is, according to HR, impossible to intercept packages before the first delivery attempt or if the sender makes a redirect request.

Now, if only my sender was a small company. Intercepting would then be feasible.:biting:

Anyway, thanks for the replies guys. I guess I won't go and just let them deliver.

Cementups

Box Monkey
You are worried about saving the driver time.....don't worry, you're really not saving him much time. He's more than likely in the neighborhood anyway.

Brian0

You are worried about saving the driver time.....don't worry, you're really not saving him much time. He's more than likely in the neighborhood anyway.

Yea...

Thing is, I just don't see UPS trucks around too often. The last time I saw one on my street was weeks ago. I had always used Canada Post for my deliveries. :/

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Hi guys. I know this section is for UPS employees but I thought I still could ask here.

I have a package at the UPS hub in Concord, Ontario, Canada in which a destination scan was done a few hours ago. Would it be possible for me to pick it up in person tomorrow morning before they load the truck? I just don't want the UPS guy to leave the package at the doorstep where it might get wet. The delivery is set for Wednesday.

Earlier, I called the 1-800 number but they told me it was impossible for the package to be intercepted.
I am not an employee at UPS nor do I know anyone who works there.

Any advice would be good. Thanks.

P.S. does anyone have a direct number for the Concord UPS Customer Center ?
EH? Just call the 800 number and have it held for willcall.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Yea...

Thing is, I just don't see UPS trucks around too often. The last time I saw one on my street was weeks ago. I had always used Canada Post for my deliveries. :/

It's not likely we only go down a street every so often. If its out for delivery you'll get it that day.

We have many commercial accounts that pick there stuff up at the building in the morning though.