Pick up pieces

JL 0513

I scanned 300 pkgs at a pickup stop and wonder why I run an hour over. Really people? Pick up the boxes, put in total. Done. Include any ARS and Internet packages in the count without scanning.

If you don't scan either an end of day or the packages, there's no record of you picking them up. This can't be a correct way of doing it. No?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
On Saturdays I will have upgrades for businesses that I know are closed. Just pull over somewhere and sheet them all up closed. Why mess with info notices. Yeah I know. This can get you fired. So what.

You show up on a report. I accidentally clicked no a year ago and was pulled into the office 2 days later. The only time you don't need to scan an info notice is when it says infonotice required after picking other for release location.

Sent from Droid 4 using Brown Cafe mobile app

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

On Saturdays I will have upgrades for businesses that I know are closed. Just pull over somewhere and sheet them all up closed. Why mess with info notices. Yeah I know. This can get you fired. So what.

Did you give any thought to possibly indirecting those packages to an open business next door?

You should always CYA by sheeting at the location as you never know if there is someone there who is waiting for that specific package.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you don't scan either an end of day or the packages, there's no record of you picking them up. This can't be a correct way of doing it. No?

If the end of day is available you should definitely scan it---if not or if the shipper is still using the SRM or using other shipping software you do not have to scan each and every package as this will be done at the center/hub.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Did you give any thought to possibly indirecting those packages to an open business next door?

You should always CYA by sheeting at the location as you never know if there is someone there who is waiting for that specific package.
You should have followed your own advice when scanning an EAM package in the center and then driving to the consignee to deliver it.
As a steward of many years, I had the pleasure of representing numerous employees who were given unpaid time off for falsifying records in the same manner as you had. When push comes to shove, there are not many management people who would back you up. They tend to have a very select memory when it is their job on the line.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You should have followed your own advice when scanning an EAM package in the center and then driving to the consignee to deliver it.
As a steward of many years, I had the pleasure of representing numerous employees who were given unpaid time off for falsifying records in the same manner as you had. When push comes to shove, there are not many management people who would back you up. They tend to have a very select memory when it is their job on the line.

Yawn.

PT Car Washer

Large insurance companies. Guards are not allowed to sign. You can tell they are upgrades or Mondays. Also state and federal office buildings. After 20 years you get to know.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Large insurance companies. Guards are not allowed to sign. You can tell they are upgrades or Mondays. Also state and federal office buildings. After 20 years you get to know.

...and 99.9% of the time I am sure that you would be right but there is always that .01% of the time where someone may have been at work on a Saturday waiting for that specific package....

Overpaid Union Thug

I was referring to drop offs or ARSs. I scan all ARSs and RSs that way. That is how I was trained and therefore thats how I will continue to scan them. At the UPS store they have a field on their computer that shows how many "drop-offs" were brought in and I enter that number in special counts. When a customer walks up with a package we are to scan it under special counts. The same applies to a pile of ink cartridges/toner that is waiting for us at a stop. If your supervisors are telling you not to scan them then they are wrong. The methods say scan them. The only way to scan them without using "unschedule pickup" is to go into special counts, scan, enter number of pieces, big arrow up. An unschedule pickup is for when you are sent to an address specifically to make a pickup that a customer didn't schedule through the website or phone. Hence the phrase UNSCHEDULED Pickup.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I was referring to drop offs or ARSs. I scan all ARSs and RSs that way. That is how I was trained and therefore thats how I will continue to scan them. At the UPS store they have a field on their computer that shows how many "drop-offs" were brought in and I enter that number in special counts. When a customer walks up with a package we are to scan it under special counts. The same applies to a pile of ink cartridges/toner that is waiting for us at a stop. If your supervisors are telling you not to scan them then they are wrong. The methods say scan them. The only way to scan them without using "unschedule pickup" is to go into special counts, scan, enter number of pieces, big arrow up. An unschedule pickup is for when you are sent to an address specifically to make a pickup that a customer didn't schedule through the website or phone. Hence the phrase UNSCHEDULED Pickup.

I used to do the same. With the special keys and unscheduled picks. They said not to do that anymore. Now they said last week not to scan pick ups anymore also. At the pick up I just add the piece count. Throw out the end of the day. If the customer actually prints it out. I just scan ars boxes and add to the piece count. That is what they want us to do now. Next month it will be back to another fad they create

FilingBluesFL

We are only to scan air pickup pieces.

We also scan the end of day.

We were told not to scan at pickups, because apparently drop off "commit times" are linked to the shippers pickup time "commit time" and they show up as late commit time pickups or some crap like that.

It sounded exactly like you think it does... complete BS.

JL 0513

My center manager hasn't mentioned any change to scanning procedures.

-Scheduled P/U's - scan end of day, if no end of day scan each package.

-When someone hands you a package that isn't a scheduled P/U, use special counts

-Then there's ODS (on demand) p/u's - obviously to be entered in under the ODS screen.

oldngray

nowhere special
If no end of day just pick up packages and enter total in piece count without scanning them, scan ARS under special counts and ODS in ODS screen.

9.5er

We were instructed to only scan packages in a drop box. I never scan any packages at a pickup. If a pickup has an ars I add it to the total package count and load it on truck. If a non pickup customer hands me an ars I scan it under special counts.

Seems as though upper management needs to get on the same page so we all do it the same way.