Pick ups

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
EOD. Is that the customer barcode? Then yes. I was under the impression that the question was do you scan ground or air or both.

Pooter

I don't scan anything including airs during pick ups.

EOD only if customer request or closing UPS stores.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I scanned all the packages. Of course on my final route, I had one P/U, and he was an Internet account and only shipped one or two pieces a week. Oh yeah, also an AEPU and a drive-by. Never once missed putting his sign out.

9.5er

We were instructed not to scan anything. So unless a customer asks me to scan it I pick it up and put it in the truck. Enter box count in diad and go to next stop.

ArcherUTR

Scanning everything is good customer service. I think that generates an origin scan or pick up scan.

However, it does nothing for your time allowance and takes time. The methods, as I understand, is to not scan pickup account packages.

calcio56

Thanks...I was just curious as to what others do. I scan them all but separate the airs in my truck.

Sent using BrownCafe App

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Current corporate wide method for scheduled pickups is to only scan EoD.

I personally will scan the package(s) if there are only a couple. If it's an account that uses worldship and I've told them about printing/scanning the EoD and they still don't give it to me then they don't get a scan. I'll also scan the pickups that are still on the old school shipping books/labels as these sometimes don't get entered into the system and are harder for them to track/prove were picked up. Besides these shippers typically don't ship a lot in my experience--at least not on routes I've run.

S

selfcancelsignal

1 account at our center is all Air. All are scanned to keep count. Usually 150-250. Another is all ground & I scan these also to keep count. I've had as few as 14 at this place & as many as 135. End of days are scanned also at pick up accounts. I used to scan all other random pick ups under special counts. Not anymore after reading the methods more in depth a couple months back. I do scan the bar code on the sheets of the old time UPS books when picking up parcels at businesses that still have these as well. You pretty much hafta scan call tags to get them out of your EDD, so those too are scanned.

Sent while driving from my flip phone via T9 word.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I was told the reason we don't scan pick up pieces is two fold, one is time, other is less liability if it's lost when it first reaches the hub, placing the blame back on the shipper.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I do scan the bar code on the sheets of the old time UPS books when pickiyng up parcels at businesses that still have these as well.
The bar code on the sheet is just the first tracking number of the 4 packages on the page, so you're essentially just scanning a random package. :)