pickup freight, sort it and deliver it, how much to charge?

Motor

Does $600 to pick up one ton of fruits(two hundred 12 pound boxes) that is 100km outside of the city, sort them and deliver them to 50 locations throughout the city, does that sound reasonable?

I basically would be charging 55 cents/kg, which works out to be about 18% of the total profit. So asking a farmer to give up $600 to make $2600, does that sound reasonable?

Motor

is there room to charge more per kg? I dont want shipping to be too much that it would eat into most of the profit, but also at the same time I dont want to stress my workers with little pay for the work they do.

so in the world of shipping and logistics, the cost of shipping, whats a good percentage to go by? 20% of the gross profit? 35% of the gross profit?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
is there room to charge more per kg? I dont want shipping to be too much that it would eat into most of the profit, but also at the same time I dont want to stress my workers with little pay for the work they do.

so in the world of shipping and logistics, the cost of shipping, whats a good percentage to go by? 20% of the gross profit? 35% of the gross profit?
Why would you possibly think that you would get an answer to this question here?
There are way too many variables for you to get some good information a
on this

Motor

you are right if I want to know stuff like that iam better off joining a farming forum and ask farmers what they think.

but iam sure I can still learn a thing or two about the logistics and shipping industry, especially from the answer man.
Why would you possibly think that you would get an answer to this question here?
There are way too many variables for you to get some good information a
on this

upschuck

Enough to pay your people well, and make a profit. Don't calculate your price by their profit.

What country you in?

Motor

Iam looking to set this up in burma.

but if my price eats into too much of their profit they wont be able to afford my service. Also these guys are repeat customers.
Enough to pay your people well, and make a profit. Don't calculate your price by their profit.

What country you in?