Picture of inside stuffed truck?

Fnix

there was a picture I saw of inside a truck and it was swollen to the top. anyone have this pic?

rushfan

Did you ever have to unload one bulk stop in a parking lot to get to the rest of another bulk stop? It's not a pretty sight.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Here are some of mine, but not really "FULL":

Just a bad load by a very bad loader...

Phonepics115.jpg

Phonepics116.jpg

Phonepics114.jpg

Another bad load, probably same loader, with everything jammed to the front...

K790a062.jpg

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
After our first blizzard last year, the side roads were a wreck. My driver insisted on sorting and I offered to help. He declined. I shrugged and stayed in the jumpseat while he sorted. About ten minutes later, he came up and said, "OK. Next section is sorted and ready." We went over a little bump and heard EVERYTHING hit the floor. Driver pounded on the steering column and expletives flew. One of those pics looks like the back of our package car after that bump! -Rocky

sendagain

You're right, your loader sucks. They should fire a guy who loads like that; no doubt you have been covering his butt and they don't realize what lousy work he is doing. As long as the belt is clean, they think they got the job done. It's always the drivers who come to the rescue of UPS.

Fishbulb

i wouldnt even leave the building with my truck looking like that. i'd show the sups & then proceed to organize it properly before leaving the building. late airs? tough titties. that load quality is unacceptable & i'd say unsafe too. if they forced me out of the building, i'd have every air late & give them a 12 hour dispatch. if it was peak i could understand it but its only september, that loader is just being a lazy piece of sh**

kingOFchester

Ok, what am I missing? I know I have only been working at UPS for a week, but I can not believe that a loader could get away with this! Am I to understand that once you get through your week at cornerstone, they let you just do what ever you want? I do not think my center would allow this, but then again maybe they do. I am in complete shock. But then again, I keep hearing the voice of SEVERAl different trainers saying "The most important thing is to be on time" I thought that was so ridiculous. I understand being on time, but if I had a choice between and on time employee who did a half butt job, or one that was late every now and then, but did a complete quality job, I would take him. For the record, I am a strong believer on being on time in all aspects of my life. But to put the most emphasis on tardiness, seems a little backwards.

M

MyTwoCents

Those loads are unacceptable, I've found that many preload managers have given up on trying to get poorly paid kids to show up for work at ridiculous hours and do quality work. You get what you pay for. No manager takes pride in putting out loads like that but they are powerless to change it. I hope the new contract raises the preload wage rate. If it doesn't we'll be seeing these kinds of loads for years.

Cementups

Box Monkey

You're right, your loader sucks. They should fire a guy who loads like that; no doubt you have been covering his butt and they don't realize what lousy work he is doing. As long as the belt is clean, they think they got the job done. It's always the drivers who come to the rescue of UPS.

We've tried, but the thisis the type of guy who gets every penny worth from teh Union to keep his job. I have repeatedly printed out pictures of my load to show to sups and all they ever say to me is, "Well, what do you want us to do about it?" Turns out that you can't fix stupid:tongue_sm

Doesn't UPS have a policy about cameras in their facilities?

It's a phone that incidentally has a camera in it. Never a problem and if it was brought up as an issue then I would be sure to note all the mangement team members that carry similar equipment.

Fishbulb

Those loads are unacceptable, I've found that many preload managers have given up on trying to get poorly paid kids to show up for work at ridiculous hours and do quality work. You get what you pay for. No manager takes pride in putting out loads like that but they are powerless to change it. I hope the new contract raises the preload wage rate. If it doesn't we'll be seeing these kinds of loads for years.

Thank you. Thats exactly what I told the sups on the preload when I worked it when i was on TAW. All the old sups seemed to think that $9.50 an hour was enough to survive on & that the benefits UPS offers was more than adequate. Benefits are great at UPS, no doubt about it but when you're going into college you dont give a rats ass about benefits & you sure as hell arent thinking about climbing up the ladder at UPS & expect to have a future there. Kids today dont want to get up for work at 3 or 4am to bust their humps for a meager $9.50 an hour. Its crap pay and a tough job. Sure theres not much thinking involved but at 4am I'd much rather be sleeping than earning that crap pay. The younger sups there know this & all the ones I've worked with told me "If the guy shows up to work, he's a good preloader". Thats pretty sad if you ask me.

Floridacargocat

Quality of work. Yes the pictures show a bad load in section 6000/7000/8000 as well as the aisle. However from experience it does not show when this stuff was coming into the car. During the last 30-60 minutes?
Quality of work in other sections. Looks as per the book (at least what I can see from these pictures, boxes on the ledge, labels visible). Cannot determine if proper sequence was maintained.
Planning and availability of space. As Preload PT Sups and Preloaders rarely know what is coming (at what time), loading bulk/irregs plus small parcels at the end becomes a major challenge (and sometimes impossible to overcome).
Solutions. At least the 6/7/8 shelf should have been better organised by proper supervision, but we all know what kind of situation exists during the last 30 minutes.
Drivers comments about bad loads. How were they doing it when they were in the preload position? Was it better then? Or were the boxes smaller and space was sufficient for a 100% proper alignment?
Any comment is much appreciated.
With our given means, are we going to be in a win-win situation for both sides (preloaders and drivers)?

Cementups

Box Monkey
And I should note that these pictures were taken before I even left the yard. They were not taken after teh load had been able to shift.