Pink Ouija Board Angers Critics

Can the spirit world be contacted via a Ouija Board?

• Yes, I believe it can

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • No, I don't think this is possible

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters

moreluck

golden ticket member
also known as a spirit board or talking board, is a flat board marked with letters, numbers, and other symbols, theoretically used to communicate with spirits. It uses a planchette (small heart-shaped piece of wood) or movable indicator to indicate the spirit's message by spelling it out on the board during a séance. The fingers of the séance participants are placed on the planchette, which then moves about the board to spell out messages. Ouija is a trademark for a talking board currently sold by Parker Brothers. It has become a trademark that is often used generically to refer to any talking board.

Growing up Catholic, we were told to stay away from this....of course that meant that every slumber party most definitely had a ouija board!!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
A new pink Ouija Board game designed for young girls has outraged some who say it is a portal to another dimension.

Do Ouija boards allow you to contact the spirit world?
I don't really know, but what would be the point? They've already made the mistakes and are dead? What advice can one obtain from a spirit that could actually help you in this life? Might one obtain information that one may not have obtained through other more "natural" means? You think that God would let "spirits" give out winning lottery numbers and stuff? Why play with something that can do more harm than good?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Don't check your gas level by the light of a match.
LOL, I have a funny story for this one. I did just this when I heard a hissing sound coming from underneath the oven one day. As I pushed the lit match toward the rear underside of the oven I saw a strange yellow light that grew bigger and bigger. Within seconds I was engulfed in a flash fire. Thank God it wasn't too severe and only singed the hair of my head, eyebrows, eyelashes and arm. I got a nice "sunburn" and gained a healthy respect for gas appliances. Next up, the story of how I learned to respect electricity.:wink2:

Sorry 9/5, no ghost stories from here, though I could tell you of some near death experiences.

rod

Retired 22 years
My wife won't go near an Ouija board. She had an experience that involved a dead relative and an Ouija board that scared the crap out of her. She won't tell me to this day (it happened over 35 years ago) what that Ouija board told her but I would sure like to know if it involved me and if so how much time I have left. I've got a million things I want to do yet.

I don't really know, but what would be the point? They've already made the mistakes and are dead? What advice can one obtain from a spirit that could actually help you in this life? Might one obtain information that one may not have obtained through other more "natural" means? You think that God would let "spirits" give out winning lottery numbers and stuff? Why play with something that can do more harm than good?
Using your theory, what is the point of a parent teaching the kids about life?
I'm thinking many people will go against the advice of a living person in warnings of life and death situations. However if the late Uncle Ned comes to you and says to LOOK BOTH WAYS BEFORE CROSSING THE STREET!....someone's gonna listen.

705red

Browncafe Steward
In the movie we just watched a ouija board was used. Its not the best movie by far, but the litte lady will hold on to yo nice and tight. If you saw blair witch you have to see this one.

[video=youtube;F_UxLEqd074]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_UxLEqd074[/video]

705red

Browncafe Steward
Heres the cast from that movie playing it. The game starts at about the 5 minute 30 second mark.

[video=youtube;Uouy-c89BB8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uouy-c89BB8&NR=1&feature=fvwp[/video]

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Those boards are good for something

PBF220-Passed_On.jpg

P

pickup

. If an adult wants to mess with this stuff, that is one thing but this is clearly being marketed to young girls and since it is, they are more likely to badger their parents to get this toy. If the ouija board can't facilitate communication with the dead, then it is a waste of time and money. If it can, then that implies a spirit world. How do you know with whom you are communicating ? Could be Grandpa or it could be the guy who just got the electric chair for killing people.

Just as I wouldn't recommend giving books of matches to young kids to play with during a slumber party, I wouldn't recommend ouija boards. I don't trust anything with a name in which its vowels outnumber a lonely consonant by a ratio of 4 to 1.

That's my two cents.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Ever since I saw the "Exorcist" where the part the "planchette" flew across the room on its own...no no...no Ouija board playin' fer me.