Pizza Lovers for Marriage Equality gofundme campaign

Babagounj

Strength through joy
WASHINGTON – Supporters of two Hazel Park nurses fighting Michigan's same-sex marriage ban in the U.S. Supreme Court are using the example of a crowdfunding campaign on behalf of a pizzeria in Indiana criticized as anti-gay to raise funds for the effort.

"Pizza Lovers for Marriage Equality" is the name of the gofundme.com campaign launched by Lori Pimlott of Royal Oak in the hopes of raising $10,000 toward helping to defray the costs of the case brought by April DeBoer and Jayne Rowse against the state's 2004 same-sex marriage ban.

"Pizza Lovers for Marriage Equality" asks supporters to donate a minimum of $5 "or the average cost of a pizza," with all the proceeds going to the National Marriage Challenge, the nonprofit organization set up to help pay the costs of the DeBoer-Rowse case.

As of this morning, it had raised slightly more than $3,000 toward its goal.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Interesting .
I started this thread to see how many people who scream for equality for same sex persons in other threads could show their support here .
Yet no one left an comments .

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Interesting .
I started this thread to see how many people who scream for equality for same sex persons in other threads could show their support here .
Yet no one left an comments .
"I tried to troll but no one paid attention, so I'll bump my own thread and try again...."