Plant Engineering with Integrity

Integrity

Binge Poster
I was talking to a PE mechanic and was asking him about his thoughts about the lack of air conditioning in the facilities he said it was a complete joke that they were not air conditioned.

He also mentioned that one of the Maintenance Shops not too far from him was actually air conditioned.

He said the shop was actually in a blockhouse.

I have personally never heard of or seen this before.

Has anybody?

detmaintainer

Detroit Maintenance Rat
I was talking to a PE mechanic and was asking him about his thoughts about the lack of air conditioning in the facilities he said it was a complete joke that they were not air conditioned.

He also mentioned that one of the Maintenance Shops not too far from him was actually air conditioned.

He said the shop was actually in a blockhouse.

I have personally never heard of or seen this before.

Has anybody?
In one building in our district the wash tunnel has an air conditioned equipment room and the maintenance rats use it as a cooling center. They also crank the heat to 90 degrees in the winter and use the whole tunnel as a heated work area/smoking area/social hall and urinal.

Integrity

Binge Poster
In one building in our district the wash tunnel has an air conditioned equipment room and the maintenance rats use it as a cooling center. They also crank the heat to 90 degrees in the winter and use the whole tunnel as a heated work area/smoking area/social hall and urinal.
Maintenance rats?

Do you not like the maintenance personnel?

detmaintainer

Detroit Maintenance Rat
Ok.
Do you get summer shirts?
No summer uniform shirts but years ago I told my Sup. if you took your dog and worked him in this heat with long sleeve clothes on for 8 hours a day they would put you in jail. At UPS they give you stock. He talked with the manager at the time and they bought us Lands end P.E. logo T-shirts to wear. They told us we could wear them in warm weather but put the Arc rated uniform shirt on for live electrical cutting and welding.

Integrity

Binge Poster
No summer uniform shirts but years ago I told my Sup. if you took your dog and worked him in this heat with long sleeve clothes on for 8 hours a day they would put you in jail. At UPS they give you stock. He talked with the manager at the time and they bought us Lands end P.E. logo T-shirts to wear. They told us we could wear them in warm weather but put the Arc rated uniform shirt on for live electrical cutting and welding.
The guy I spoke with told me his boss refused to provide summer uniform shirts or purchase t-shirts but they were welcome to wear there own t-shirts when safe to do so.

detmaintainer

Detroit Maintenance Rat
The guy I spoke with told me his boss refused to provide summer uniform shirts or purchase t-shirts but they were welcome to wear there own t-shirts when safe to do so.
They bought us those shirts 12 or so years ago. It's been buy your own since then for us also.