Please clarify the wage increase for me.

BUCN85

Ok in the contract book it says start $18.75. And then seniority $18.75. Which I know you gain seniority after one year. and then the next line it says $19.50. So am I right to assume you get this wage increase at seniority plus a year. So really this increase comes after 2 years after being hired in?
Thanks for the clarification in advanced

Ok in the contract book it says start $18.75. And then seniority $18.75. Which I know you gain seniority after one year. and then the next line it says $19.50. So am I right to assume you get this wage increase at seniority plus a year. So really this increase comes after 2 years after being hired in?
Thanks for the clarification in advanced
You should receive your increase after one year of driving.

Ok. Why doesn't it just show the increase then at seniority which is a year anyways? That's what confused me
In past contracts. You got paid a starting wage. Then after 30 days you got another raise. A year later you got another raise.

I believe the last contract. You started at 16.10 and after 30 days you was at 17.25 or something like that.

By The Book

Seniority after 30 days.
Insurance after 1 year
Depends on your supplement whether you can gain seniority during peak.
If your an inside employee with a year in and go full time you already have your benefits. The last contract had a lower starting rate and a seniority bump and the new contract has a higher starting rate and no bump at seniority.

Geo926

Seniority after 30 days.
Insurance after 1 year
Depends on your supplement whether you can gain seniority during peak.

Insurance after a year? I made book in June and it was 8 consecutive working weeks for benefits. Thank god it wasn't a year.

ManInBrown

If your an inside employee with a year in and go full time you already have your benefits. The last contract had a lower starting rate and a seniority bump and the new contract has a higher starting rate and no bump at seniority.
And an extra year to get to top rate, on the new contract

Bottom rung

Those pathetic increases pay the raises for all the current full timers. If we want more $/hr in the next contract they'll increase progession again. I'll gladly take a freeze and bring it back to one or two years.

40 and out

In past contracts. You got paid a starting wage. Then after 30 days you got another raise. A year later you got another raise.

I believe the last contract. You started at 16.10 and after 30 days you was at 17.25 or something like that.
I started driving in 1989. I got a raise every 30 days until i was at full pay at SIX MONTHS. At the rate we're going, eventually we'll have a ten year or more progression. UPS gets its coveted multi-tiered driver wage without having to call it that.