Please dont yell at me tomorrow.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
For all the hard core, I know you enjoy it.
But do you ever just get drained by being spoken to daily. When you have done all you can and know it? You run out of quippy comebacks, satirical statements, tired of doing the best that can be done, and it is never good enough. Does it drain the life out of you? Especially when its a problem, and everyone including them knows it. Wouldnt it just be nice to have things go back to the way it used to be when the job was fun AND we were productive. Numbers were a guideline measurement, not the Bible? Not that I would ever feel this way, just wondering if anyone does......

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
No, their words fall on deaf ears. I don't need someone to tell me if I'm doing a good job or not, I know I am. If you're doing the best you can, you are also.

Make yourself happy with your own production first, their opinion shouldn't matter if you did the first thing. Remember, the only one who can make you feel bad about what they say to you is yourself, they use bully tatics.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I never ever tire of either laughing at them,making them repeat the same same question four or five times,asking them which part of the contract i violated (and could you PLEASE show me where production is addressed in the contract?) or telling them that maybe,JUST MAYBE i'll skip my lunch today so my numbers will look better. Its a game I love to play every morning and I make certain to laugh and let management i dont give a rats arse about their reports

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I never ever tire of either laughing at them,making them repeat the same same question four or five times,asking them which part of the contract i violated (and could you PLEASE show me where production is addressed in the contract?) or telling them that maybe,JUST MAYBE i'll skip my lunch today so my numbers will look better. Its a game I love to play every morning and I make certain to laugh and let management i dont give a rats arse about their reports
Some, like Tooner I beleive, just don't want to hear anything from them, period. I mentioned bully tatics, much like a bully, if they know it bothers you, they can get to you. Showing no empathy towards them, show no emotion, just blank stare and imagine the Charlie Brown teacher.

I know everyone has their own way of dealing with driver sups, some don't like the confrontation, others, like 728ups, use satire and facts to throw back to engage in a conversation. Just remember, they don't have a lot of time but to deal with a handful of people in the morning if you refuse to speak to them before start time. Come in, grab your supplies and head to your truck to do your job, make them chase you if they want to speak to you, and make them pay you every day to do so, this will help as well.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I am trying to survive, its getting harder. Some days I am up for it others not so much, so I guess on the days I am less than feisty I should put them on ignore. Thanks to all

ArcherUTR

Who the :censored2: talks to you all day? There's about 20 minutes of my day where someone can 'talk' with me. Else they're going to have to meet me on area.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
You get to the point on this job where you just don't care anymore and their useless jibberish goes in 1 ear and out the other. Ill try harder tomorrow and walk away. Their harassment shouldn't even be getting to ya really, cause ITS ALL A MIND GAME.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

It's tough but I just try to find the positives in everything. I'm an eternal optimist. Like today, we were late by a minute, but my guys flew through smalls and loads looked great. Two great things over one bad.

Or tonight we had a tight fit parking. We spent 25 minutes trying to move everything and wiggle it in. Positive? We worked well as a team, we communicated well, and we felt like we won a battle when it finally was done.

I know it's tough at times to be positive. But it all will end someday. May as well try to find something good about it or you'll forever be in a bad mood. No matter what your numbers look like at the end of the day there is almost always a bright spot, it's tough to find at first, but you'll find one.

jaker

trolling
I feel what you are saying and you know what the best thing that helped me deal with it ORION believe me or not

But since I started following it 100% I don't stress about the things we normally deal with on road and now I have more window time and walking time to enjoy what's going on

And when they approach me talking about the day before I just say I follow Orion 100% so if you have a problem with my day then you fix it

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Mgmt will always try to force and bully the ones they feel are the most easily influenced and they can squeeze more blood from. Forced production. Their techniques should not be taken personally because its a part of the culture of business management. I am not weak and/or malleable, those days are long gone. No more reacting to any of it.