Please help me find my package - BRAINSTORM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whereismystuff

I sent out a rather large package on August 28. It was original movie outfits from the 1930s - recognizable ones (though because they have no autheticity papers with them, they would never be able to be sold third party for any real kind of value), the box was huge - a bright green Cat tower box that had double cardboard and was reinforced inside with cardboard, buble wrap, and styrofoam, everything separately wrapped - etc (not that the stuff was fragile, you could run it over and it would be fine)...anyway, it was going 2nd Day Air. It was also insured for $10,000 - which I was told should make have more scans?

It was scanned into the Orlando facility along with another box that was with it at exactly the same minute. My package was never heard from again. The other box, however, managed to make it to the destination, though it got there a day late. The reason it was late was that it was scanned out of Orlando a few hours after it got there (at like 3am), then scanned back in about 15 minutes later, (3:15am) then it didnt leave Orlando again until 9pm - about 18 hours later...

I am not getting anywhere with people trying to find my box, they have said that it isnt in overgoods right now, thats about it...Orlando is also a mess because of the hurricane so that is slowing down the investigation...
I dont think it was stolen, because a huge green box with old clothes in it is just not something that someone would steal...
So,
A few questions I have...
1. Is it possible to figure out why that other box was scanned in and then returned - does that happen often? Could this box have left then without getting scanned?
2. It had a hand written shipping document on it, not a computer printout, so I think that the document got unreadable, and that is why it wasn't delivered...do those usualy go straight to overgoods? How long does this usualy take? Could it have gotten delayed? Do things usually end up there - eventually?
3. Is it possible to offer a reward to the employees at that center to find it? It has to be there, it is big and green...it shouldnt be impossible to find...can I go there to the shipping hub in Orlando and put up signs to find it - missing - wil pay big reward - no questions asked - kind of posters?

Do you have any other ideas of what could have happened to it? Or what more I could do to get it back?
thank you.

Richard Cranium

I sent out a rather large package on August 28. It was original movie outfits from the 1930s - recognizable ones (though because they have no autheticity papers with them, they would never be able to be sold third party for any real kind of value), the box was huge - a bright green Cat tower box that had double cardboard and was reinforced inside with cardboard, buble wrap, and styrofoam, everything separately wrapped - etc (not that the stuff was fragile, you could run it over and it would be fine)...anyway, it was going 2nd Day Air. It was also insured for $10,000 - which I was told should make have more scans?

It was scanned into the Orlando facility along with another box that was with it at exactly the same minute. My package was never heard from again. The other box, however, managed to make it to the destination, though it got there a day late. The reason it was late was that it was scanned out of Orlando a few hours after it got there (at like 3am), then scanned back in about 15 minutes later, (3:15am) then it didnt leave Orlando again until 9pm - about 18 hours later...

I am not getting anywhere with people trying to find my box, they have said that it isnt in overgoods right now, thats about it...Orlando is also a mess because of the hurricane so that is slowing down the investigation...
I dont think it was stolen, because a huge green box with old clothes in it is just not something that someone would steal...
So,
1. Is it possible to figure out why that other box was scanned in and then returned - does that happen often? Could this box have left then without getting scanned?
2. It had a hand written shipping document on it, not a computer printout, so I think that the document got unreadable, and that is why it wasn't delivered...do those usualy go straight to overgoods? How long does this usualy take? Could it have gotten delayed? Do things usually end up there - eventually?
3. Is it possible to offer a reward to the employees at that center to find it? It has to be there, it is big and green...it shouldnt be impossible to find...can I go there to the shipping hub in Orlando and put up signs to find it - missing - wil pay big reward - no questions asked - kind of posters?

Do you have any other ideas of what could have happened to it? Or what more I could do to get it back?
thank you.
Old clothes insured for 10K? Nice wardrobe.

35years

Gravy route
Green?

Found it...

How much is the reward?

2640886240_a960737701_o.jpg

35years

Gravy route
My wife is going to love the new dress I found her...

costume-wild-Cleopatra-Liz.jpg

Sorry, 1963 but soooo cool!

Last edited:

worldwide

So,

thank you.

Orlando, Florida? Seriously?

This is not a UPS page - you need to deal with UPS on this and have patience as there was a recent weather event you might have heard about and things are a little chaotic in Florida right now.

UPS: Service Alerts

Dragon

Package Center Manager
So drivers cannot remember to do the training in the diad or sheet a return a properly or put the NDA in pre-record but you can post meme with no issues....=)

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
So drivers cannot remember to do the training in the diad or sheet a return a properly or put the NDA in pre-record but you can post meme with no issues....=)
What's up with that training? There are around five or six modules in the diad, I never seem to complete the right one.....also.......does it matter if you get the answers right? I just try and see how many seconds it takes to blow through them now....

What's up with that training? There are around five or six modules in the diad, I never seem to complete the right one.....also.......does it matter if you get the answers right? I just try and see how many seconds it takes to blow through them now....
I wait to the end of the day on over time and read them very careful, so i absorb all if the knowledge to do my job correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.