Please help out a fellow UPS'er

Our always cheerful co-worker Lance fell ill last week with a serious necrotizing fasciitis infection in his leg. He had to be life flighted to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle and faces many operations and a long recovery. His wife and children need our help to allow them to be near him during his fight. Calling on all UPS'ers and anyone that wants to give to a very good cause to help any way that you can. I have set up a GoFundMe page for donations at:

gofundme com / 6qmouk

Sorry about the messed up link, as I cannot post a proper hyperlink with a new account here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ouch

Does anyone know which center or hub this injured employee is out of? I would like to have a little more info on this. Sent prayer for him. To the op, please give me a little more info.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
165 a month. I have 3 policies. Dissability, critical illness, and hospitalization. They pay you for doctor visits, surgery, physical therapy and any type of diagnostics that are required for your injury or sickness. I have double blue cross and blue shield with my wife so all that money goes straight into my pocket minus anything that may be left over if both insurances don't pick up 100 percent. Im getting ready to go out on an Aflac vacation in March I think for a hernia. Getting it checked 3rd week in March while im on vacation. I may pickup the cancer policy when I turn 45 in 3 years.

165 a month. I have 3 policies. Dissability, critical illness, and hospitalization. They pay you for doctor visits, surgery, physical therapy and any type of diagnostics that are required for your injury or sickness. I have double blue cross and blue shield with my wife so all that money goes straight into my pocket minus anything that may be left over if both insurances don't pick up 100 percent. Im getting ready to go out on an Aflac vacation in March I think for a hernia. Getting it checked 3rd week in March while im on vacation. I may pickup the cancer policy when I turn 45 in 3 years.
You have a good head on your shoulders. Did you get it from your father?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Just have to be smart and protect yourself with this job. Its easy to get hurt on this job. As you get older you realize your not Superman anymore. Its all about protecting you and your family and their best interests. That's what a smart responsible person does. A small fee to protect you and your family from losing everything they have or depleting your 401k or savings account. One thing you learn as you get older its easy to think about the now, not enough people think about the road ahead. You have to stay ahead of the game.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I thought about adding the cancer policy to my insurance portfolio but the premiums are quite high.

I pay $100/month for 24/7 coverage for accident/injury/illness through Combined. My daughter calls it "scam insurance" but it is one of the best investments I have ever made.

***UPDATE***

I was a poster here years ago and they deactivated my account due to inactivity, so I had to use my facebook account to login. The site I set up is at GoFundMe, it's like the Kickstarter of family donation crowdsource funding. We have already raised $1,085 for his families expenses as of this post. We are package drivers in Hermiston Oregon (Local 670). He called our boss last Thursday Jan 30th complaining of a pain in his leg that moved from his hip to his thigh. They sent a backup driver out to relieve him and he went to our local hospital concerned it may be a blood clot. They checked him out and told him it wasn't a clot, and sent him home saying it was probably the flu (going around here). His wife took him to Kadlec Medical center in Richland WA on Sat Feb 1st because the pain was extreme and he was loopy. They determined it was a flesh eating drug resistant bacterial infection and life flighted him to Harborview in Seattle. He has had 4 surgeries already to save his leg already and it's day by day at the moment. His wife and baby boy need him to be home but it may be a long time before he can even come home, let alone deliver again. Meanwhile, she and his mother are trying to stay with him in Seattle and the cost is high.

Last edited: