Please post all outsourcing UPS did over the years (on Topic)

UPSmechanicinblue

PE-building maintenance some hourly and now supervision
Call Center-1-800-PICK-UPS
BD-I herd buisness development
TSG-tech support group
costumer counters-some being closed and covered by local buisness or UPS stores
PVD drivers
Sure Post
Safety People-not sure proper name for this group

Please add. Thanks

UPSmechanicinblue

This is an interesting thread
I want a list to show new hires,select drivers and others how their job could be in outsourced the future if the company had their way. They already done it with management. Helps with signing up members in our no so great right to work state. I guess (on topic) is a thing anymore?

Up In Smoke

Everything the company does (capex) is an effort to eliminate employees. Robotic unloaders, PAS, driverless technology, CIR and leasing vehicles to eliminate mechanics are just a few examples.

Mplayers2006

The Most Hated Troll 😈
PE-building maintenance some hourly and now supervision
Call Center-1-800-PICK-UPS
BD-I herd buisness development
TSG-tech support group
costumer counters-some being closed and covered by local buisness or UPS stores
PVD drivers
Sure Post
Safety People-not sure proper name for this group

Please add. Thanks
Sure post is not outsourcing, it’s an alternative service that was created in
effort to lower the cost of last mile deliveries in rural delivers. Basically, lowering the cost to deliver to someone who lives on a side of a mountain in the sticks. This service does not reduce the need for ups employees, but better aligns our resources and talents to focus on our core areas.

Safety is not outsourced

UPS does a lot of outsourcing. Anything technical tends to be outsourced.
Some of IT, mostly app dev, and lots of PM rolls (🥖🤤). Basically, anything needing to be built or requires major overhaul we outsource the work.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Sure post is not outsourcing, it’s an alternative service that was created in
effort to lower the cost of last mile deliveries in rural delivers. Basically, lowering the cost to deliver to someone who lives on a side of a mountain in the sticks. This service does not reduce the need for ups employees, but better aligns our resources and talents to focus on our core areas.

Safety is not outsourced

UPS does a lot of outsourcing. Anything technical tends to be outsourced.
Some of IT, mostly app dev, and lots of PM rolls (🥖🤤). Basically, anything needing to be built or requires major overhaul we outsource the work.
If surepost was meant for last mile deliveries then why is every clothing brand using it to ship. Is that just the deal the company gives them because majority use post office anyways

Mplayers2006

The Most Hated Troll 😈
If surepost was meant for last mile deliveries then why is every clothing brand using it to ship. Is that just the deal the company gives them because majority use post office anyways
Sure post is an economy priced service that we provide partial resources to. We’re taking a play straight out of Amazon’s playbook. this service allows other businesses to tap into our sorting capacity. While not overloading the drivers with rural stops. “We sort, you deliver” is how I coin it.
Some of the packages we would have never touched if it wasn’t for sure post. It’s more true that it allows us to generate another revenue stream vs. another way to outsourcing jobs.

Shorts365

Access Point is the biggest disrespect to the customer I can imagine. "We weren't able to deliver your package from Target on the first attempt, so we left it at a convenience store 5 blocks past your nearest Target."

Shorts365

Also, in urban areas, Surepost is a real head scratcher. I drop off 30 pieces to a post office loading dock so that tomorrow they can deliver garments to an apartment that I'm going to today.

Mplayers2006

The Most Hated Troll 😈
Also, in urban areas, Surepost is a real head scratcher. I drop off 30 pieces to a post office loading dock so that tomorrow they can deliver garments to an apartment that I'm going to today.
You’re thinking too hard. It’s simple. UPS=expensive; USPS=cheap

SurePost=UPS+USPS= cheaper than UPS standalone ground service.

30 pieces? We take hundreds everyday to a suburban Post Office. Closest thing to a rural route are the SUV's sitting in the driveway.