Pledge to America

wkmac

The main problem with his article is that the tax rate has nothing to do with the national debt. Spending more than you make causes debt.

Very true but so far no Congress or President has yet to decrease spending at any level or any element of the budget so from his POV and as you rightly pointed, spending and debt is the greater evil. If neither party when in control refuse to cut spending and being increasing debt is even worse, then the only thing left in order to maintain the health of the state is to eliminate tax cuts and in some cases raise taxes in order to balance the books. Stockman is no anarchist so from his POV he is correct if the goal is to preserve the State itself.

You want the state so you got it!

Personally I hope the tax cuts stay, spending increases and along with it the debt. It will in due course destroy the state itself so either way I get what I want and I'll never have to cast one vote for it. All you good voters will do that for me!

MY FRIENDS!!!!!!
:peaceful:

:happy-very:

av8torntn

Very true but so far no Congress or President has yet to decrease spending at any level or any element of the budget so from his POV and as you rightly pointed, spending and debt is the greater evil. If neither party when in control refuse to cut spending and being increasing debt is even worse, then the only thing left in order to maintain the health of the state is to eliminate tax cuts and in some cases raise taxes in order to balance the books. Stockman is no anarchist so from his POV he is correct if the goal is to preserve the State itself.

:

I think you are saying that because something has not been done that means that it cannot be done? If so I find that hard to agree with. There are those on the extreme left that believe that everything (capital, resources, property, etc.) belong to the state. Obama hinted at this when he said that a tax cut for the wealthy amounted to nothing more than the Government giving the wealthy a million dollars or something along those lines as I am to lazy to look up the actual quote. Those people that think that way are beyond hope.

So I've seen on here where people have falsely claimed that nobody complained when the Republicans spent, spent, spent. Not only were there loud complaints the people fired them from the majority and from the presidency. The people elected the dimocrats on a promise that they would cut taxes and reduce spending then cut our debt. No doubt that was another in a long list of lies from politicians.

I must say however that the true idiots seem to reside in the leadership of the republican party. The people are being very clear as to what they want and we get a pledge to cut some spending to 2008 levels. It's so unbelievable it almost seems like a joke. They could have easily claimed to cut spending to the 2000 level and done it somewhat pain free. While this pledge is proof that the professional politicians do not get it there is still hope as even one Senator has great power and there is a possibility of getting more than one that at least seems to get it.

As for the part about the destruction of the State I think that what you are asking for only creates dependence on the State and does little to nothing to destroy the State. It is impossible to overlook the fact that they print the money and have the power to use inflation to minimize their debt and keep the population dependent. That of course does not work if you are one of those that actually think the Fed is independent but as they say it takes all kinds. Human nature is a funny thing the more freedom you take from some personality types they more they want you to take.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Cartoon%20-%20Enthusiasm%20Gap%20-%20ALG%20%28500%29.jpg

UPS Lifer

And Congress is such a stellar sacred entity? .....:wink2:
Like Colbert, many of our elected officials try to make a name for themselves as well. Either to get re-elected, or have their palms greased by lobbiest, all before tee time at the local Country Club....
Keep in mind, Colbert is still a citizen using his celebrity to draw attention to migrant workers conditions, and Congress still works for the citizens who pay their salaries.
And the behavior of our elected Congressional body in modern times is a Natl disgrace, especially IMO, GOP obstructionism and their attempts to shut down Gov't and stall legislation untill their desperate pipe dreams of regaining Majority control occurs.....I remember hearing of the Senators asking Colbert to remove himself from the hearing because of who he is. The audacity of any elected official (D) or (R) with the same view, are the ones indeed who need to remove themselves from office.....Remember blue pill people, the Gov't works for us, not the other way around....

WOW! Shocker - GOP are obstructionists!! I would never expect that from Diesel... ;)