Plenti card

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Most of those cards discount gas, I don't see why but he company would care. No different than employees using frequent flyer miles they earned when flying on company business.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Most of those cards discount gas, I don't see why but he company would care. No different than employees using frequent flyer miles they earned when flying on company business.

I think that is spot on. Some of these cards offer anywhere from a few cents off to a dollar or more when using the card. The issuers of these cards don't stipulate that they cannot be used when fueling a company car and if there was an issue, I'm certain that UPS would have put out a policy or contract agreement regarding such.

The driver might get a free coffee or soda or hot dog once in a while from the card but the company gets the savings on fuel as well as the store getting the return business from the driver and other customers who use these cards. It's a win win for everyone involved and I see no dishonesty in using one of these cards, that's what they are marketed for in the first place.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Would it be dishonest to swipe my plenti card when using the company gas card to fill up the company package car?
Ha ha. I won't do it. Don't won't to do anything to risk my job or give them ammo
What if the center manager says it's OK?

I asked my center manager directly, showed him the card and he said he had no problem with me using it when I refuel my pkg car.

I used the points to save $6.50 @ Rite Aid this morning. :)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

image.jpg

This is the fuel receipt from today. It does show the Plenti points earned.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
When we were fueling off site, I used mine. Other drivers still fueling off site use theirs. I see no reason why not, but who knows anymore what could happen.

8000Shelf

We have drivers that use them at my center. It even earns them $100 cash about once a year, in addition to free coffee, etc.

I personally don't feel the reward is worth the risk. The fuel is company property and who knows what technicality mgmt could draw from that if they wanted.

I also wouldn't trust any supervisor even if he or she looked me in the eye and said it was ok.