PM Air Driver

PT Car Washer

I meant with another job outside of UPS...plus they didn't stick to that during peaks which I'm perfectly ok with.
We had a preloader who also was driving during Peak get fired for DOT violation. Too many hours. He got back on but don't say the rules go away during Peak.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I meant with another job outside of UPS...plus they didn't stick to that during peaks which I'm perfectly ok with.

They will expect you to keep track of that and notify them if your shift even might violate the DOT HOS rules.

Last edited:

MC4YOU2

We've probably all seen an instance where a driver has been taken off car to avoid going over their hours. We had a guy break down in the sticks once, about 75 miles away, and the center manager had to go get him in his personal car on a Friday or he would have had over 60 hours. All on the clock too.

Cgs1226

hopefully I won't be driving air that long at all...50% of my hub is set to retire in the next five years starting this year. So should be ok.

MC4YOU2

In this area, if you bid an air route, it includes a start time. Still, being an air route, both time and area can be changed to meet the needs of the business. Along with contacting your business agent, I suggest you read up on articles 22 and 40 in the National Master agreement. Lots of good specific info on the air language in both.

Brisket

All good input from everyone. And no I don't know what DOT HOS is..whatever hours they give me I will not be turning down.

You may want to read up quick, because somewhere in the ream of papers you will sign will be that DOT form and once you sign it, they got you the first time you go over 5 minutes or punch in with 9 and a half hours from your previous shift.