PM Air going into Feeders - will I get Red Circled?

Ya Dad

Gimme me more characters so that I finish this se
So I was bumped out of my PM Air spot because I was part-time and they wanted to make it a combo position, but I didn't have the seniority to go combo, so I was taken out of my position and now I work in centers loading trucks and working the slides.

However, I am still classified as a Bid Air Driver. Although I always work inside now (and get my inside rate), I still have my classification. I am going into Feeders here soon, but the starting rate there is lower than my Air Driver rate.

My question is, will I go into Feeders with my Air Driver rate, or will I have to take the paycut?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
So I was bumped out of my PM Air spot because I was part-time and they wanted to make it a combo position, but I didn't have the seniority to go combo, so I was taken out of my position and now I work in centers loading trucks and working the slides.

However, I am still classified as a Bid Air Driver. Although I always work inside now (and get my inside rate), I still have my classification. I am going into Feeders here soon, but the starting rate there is lower than my Air Driver rate.

My question is, will I go into Feeders with my Air Driver rate, or will I have to take the paycut?

Article 41 section 2.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
The sole excep-
tion is when an employee is awarded a package car or feeder driv-
er job and has not previously held a full-time job which includes
driving duties. In such event, the employee will have a break-in rate
equal to the employee’s current wage rate until six (6) months from
the date the employee entered the job. The employee will then go to
the prevailing top rate. A part-time air driver who has completed the
Article 40 progression, bids a full-time inside job and then a driver
job within two (2) years shall have the same break-in period.

Ya Dad

"Part-time employees on the payroll as of July 31, 2013 who subsequently are promoted to full-time employment under this paragraph will be red circled until such time as the calculated progression rate exceeds that rate. The transfer date will become his/her full-time start date for purposes of applying the above progression."

That makes it sound like I'll be going in at my Air Rate until the Feeder pay progression exceeds my rate.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Plan on having to file for it. Make sure you have your pay stubs or print copies (of the air driver pay rate).

Ya Dad

Plan on having to file for it. Make sure you have your pay stubs or print copies (of the air driver pay rate).
My regular rate is my hub rate, since I've been working in centers loading trucks and working slides. That's what I've been getting paid working inside for the past couple of months. However, my "current pay rate" is still my Top Air Rate. Talked to the Feeder Steward about it, and he also suggests filing. I will wait 9 days after I get my first Full-Time check, then go ahead and get the ball rolling.

Thanks for the help, Hondo.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Consider your self lucky for this awesome opportunity ,, you will probably be cover and won't get good vacations ,, best advice is to keep mouth shut about it, the other drivers probably did. 15 to 20 yrs on a pkg car came to feeders and still don't get the ideal job or vacation , good luck and be safe, take it slow

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Consider your self lucky for this awesome opportunity ,, you will probably be cover and won't get good vacations ,, best advice is to keep mouth shut about it, the other drivers probably did. 15 to 20 yrs on a pkg car came to feeders and still don't get the ideal job or vacation , good luck and be safe, take it slow
That's bs should be company seniority... A 25 year pc driver who wants to go feeder shouldn't get bumped to the bottom... They have earned the right to keep seniority for vacations pics and runs...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Maybe no one wanted it !!
We force a guy last yr from another building into our fdr dept
I think you are talking about the exception.. Many areas are hiring in feeder but the list can be long in others...you think we should start over in seniority... Some locals don't

NonDeliverOtherMissed

That's bs should be company seniority... A 25 year pc driver who wants to go feeder shouldn't get bumped to the bottom... They have earned the right to keep seniority for vacations pics and runs...
When switching from pkg car to feeder, you keep your seniority...at least my area u do...and I would think it would be everywhere or else no one would do it

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Don't feel sorry for them ... We have had drivers go into feeder... In my experience it's the butt kissers, the ones who get hurt and can't do the physical work, or ones who get fired and UPS needs someone to fill a slot and a deal is cut....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Don't feel sorry for them ... We have had drivers go into feeder... In my experience it's the butt kissers, the ones who get hurt and can't do the physical work, or ones who get fired and UPS needs someone to fill a slot and a deal is cut....
Yeah... So what's your point mr. Stalker.... Has it come to this you and I, the last ones in here....I feel like we are the last two drunks at the bar who don't want to be there but at the same time too drunk to friend'ing leave!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Yeah... So what's your point mr. Stalker.... Has it come to this you and I, the last ones in here....I feel like we are the last two drunks at the bar who don't want to be there but at the same time too drunk to friend'ing leave!
Just copied your post from the other thread ... seemed funny to me anyway.

We have had drivers go into mgt... In my experience it's the :censored2: kissers, the ones who get hurt and can't do the physical work, or ones who get fired and ups needs someone to fill a slot and a deal is cut....