PMI

My mech is prob the one person I won't piss off at work. Ironically my rig goes in for PMI today, I'll have it back tomorrow plus the stuff on my list will be taken care of. Take care of your mech, they'll take care of you.

JackStraw

My mech is prob the one person I won't piss off at work. Ironically my rig goes in for PMI today, I'll have it back tomorrow plus the stuff on my list will be taken care of. Take care of your mech, they'll take care of you.

I agree. Hopefully everyone takes care of him in December. Was schocked when my mechanic told me 75% of drivers don't. And it wasn't because he's a jerk.

over9five

Staff member
I agree. Hopefully everyone takes care of him in December. Was schocked when my mechanic told me 75% of drivers don't. And it wasn't because he's a jerk.
Seriously? You give your UPS mechanic a tip at Christmas??? Never heard of that.

I used to give my p/t preloader kid a tip, but I'd never give a fellow friend/ter a gift.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
News is I'm getting a hydrolic hybrid. Training is 1.5 hrs long and they just trained the mechanics on them this past Monday. Heard we'll have ridealongs from the trucks representative also.

Seriously? You give your UPS mechanic a tip at Christmas??? Never heard of that.

I used to give my p/t preloader kid a tip, but I'd never give a fellow friend/ter a gift.

I don't tip but I buy lunch or coffee occasionally. My mech and another are both veterans so every Veterans Day week I pick up the tab for coffee that week.

​Like I tell my wife. Always be nice to the person who "fixes" your brakes.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I don't tip but I buy lunch or coffee occasionally. My mech and another are both veterans so every Veterans Day week I pick up the tab for coffee that week.

​Like I tell my wife. Always be nice to the person who "fixes" your brakes.

i got a driver who technically isn't mine who gives me a fifth for xmas

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Our mechanics always bring in fresh deer jerky and sausage...one of them brought in moose sausage. Either way, we feed each other all the time. When I'm fulltime package car, I'll make sure to take care of those fellers. Good group of guys. Oh, and we kinda like SPL 100 over here. Yeah it's runny, but man when you've got the locks on the back of the trucks that are stuck or frozen, that stuff is golden. It flushes out dirt real good from the locking mechanisms. Haven't had a lock yet that's beaten SPL 100. And it smells infinitely better than axle grease...that's always a plus.