points off license and driving for ups

Uri

So I was driving today and this lady started following me so I pulled over to see what was up, she just kept driving. I then got home a few minutes later and the cops show up. They said this lady called saying I was driving reckless and going through lights and stop signs, I told the officer I may have went through a few yelloe lights but nothing as serious as she was describing. The cop said they where gonna call back after they talk to the lady again, and I should expect to be getting a ticket. So my questions are how can I get a ticket just because somone claims to see me do something that may or may not be true, and how many points off my liscence will disqualify me from being able to hold a driver position for ups. I'm currently a preloader but hope to be able to work up to a driver someday.

Johney

So I was driving today and this lady started following me so I pulled over to see what was up, she just kept driving. I then got home a few minutes later and the cops show up. They said this lady called saying I was driving reckless and going through lights and stop signs, I told the officer I may have went through a few yelloe lights but nothing as serious as she was describing. The cop said they where gonna call back after they talk to the lady again, and I should expect to be getting a ticket. So my questions are how can I get a ticket just because somone claims to see me do something that may or may not be true, and how many points off my liscence will disqualify me from being able to hold a driver position for ups. I'm currently a preloader but hope to be able to work up to a driver someday.
They can't give you a ticket based on what someone else see's that's ridicules.

dezguy

In my province, if someone reports you for reckless driving, the most the police can do is send you a letter in the mail notifying you that someone reported you. They cannot issue a ticket based on hearsay and must catch you in the act in order to issue a fine.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll

You won't get a ticket for something a cop didn't see first hand, or didn't get a call from his dispatcher to join a chase.

If I were to call and say "Uri flashed a gun at me and made a motion like he was going to shoot me", they couldn't arrest you for possesion of a weapon if upon searching your car they found nothing.

If, (and I HIGHLY doubt this) you get a ticket, go to court and ask the cop who wrote the ticket what exactly he SAW you doing. When he says he didn't SEE you, you win.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Learn to stop at all yellows , especially if there is a woman following you .
And always wait 5 seconds after the light turns green before going forward .

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Learn to stop at all yellows , especially if there is a woman following you .
And always wait 5 seconds after the light turns green before going forward .

One of the first things my daughter learned while going to school in Albany (NY) was to wait at least 3 seconds after the light turned green before going forward.

To the OP----don't worry---there is no way the cop can issue a ticket based on hearsay.

battym

if you did somehow get a ticket just plead not guilty.no witness no ticket. If witness (old lady) shows up I would ask how she followed you so well if you were going thru red lights

Uri

Agree.

You do realize any court will tell you "a yellow light means stop". You sort of admitted to it. Next time try talking less.
The cop caught me off guard I didn't expect to see them at my door littarly a minute after I got home. I know to keep my mouth shut when they talk to me but made the mistake to say I may have went through a yellow but did nothing illegal like he was accusing me of. I still don't think that's enough to loose points on my license or get a ticket because I did nothing illegal, any thoughts people?

Uri

The cop caught me off guard I didn't expect to see them at my door littarly a minute after I got home. I know to keep my mouth shut when they talk to me but made the mistake in an attempt to defend myself to say I may have went through a yellow but did nothing illegal like he was accusing me of. I still don't think that's enough to loose points on my license or get a ticket because I did nothing illegal, any thoughts people?
I'm being accused of a whole lot of driving offences by this lady but sure as hell am not about to admit it

F

FrigidAdCorrector

I still don't think that's enough to loose points on my license or get a ticket because I did nothing illegal, any thoughts people?
That's an easy win. Any judge is going to sit there and look at the cop and snap at him for wasting his time.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
COME ON GULLABLE MCFLY really dude lmfao

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Even with video evidence, in a lot of states you need two cameras to confirm it.
200.gif