Poking the bear

BeachBoy

So, I do my job, and then some.
Now, we have yet another I'm gonna change things guy.
He annoyed me, tried cutting my hours. I told him I have seniority and he can't do that. He reinstated some hours, I told him that less senior employees were still scheduled more than me. "you have to deal with it, he said".
I did.
I sent a text to my entire boxline that according to state law, they are allowed another break at 6 hours.
So, 15 boxline employees + overtime for ten minutes each. I call that a win

Nah
So, I do my job, and then some.
Now, we have yet another I'm gonna change things guy.
He annoyed me, tried cutting my hours. I told him I have seniority and he can't do that. He reinstated some hours, I told him that less senior employees were still scheduled more than me. "you have to deal with it, he said".
I did.
I sent a text to my entire boxline that according to state law, they are allowed another break at 6 hours.
So, 15 boxline employees + overtime for ten minutes each. I call that a win
Nice. I hope you grieved him for the seniority issue too.

Good job.

BeachBoy

Yep, and at the after work watering hole, I spread the gospel. Tired of people coming in, think they are going to change the world and Be Somebody.
Contract coming up, we need to show our strength before that. Grieve supes working. Not enough staffing? That's on them for cutting hours. We have a union and we have a contract. Use It!

Integrity

Binge Poster
Yep, and at the after work watering hole, I spread the gospel. Tired of people coming in, think they are going to change the world and Be Somebody.
Contract coming up, we need to show our strength before that. Grieve supes working. Not enough staffing? That's on them for cutting hours. We have a union and we have a contract. Use It!
Agreed.

How’s the Safety Culture on your box line?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
preload slammed into driver start time so often that my "10 minute break" was stealing free coffee and donuts after driver pcm before getting back to work.

If someone had an issue with it that day, one of my drivers would fetch it for me.

Just some motivation for you, good preloaders have more control over their drivers more than the company could ever hope to have. LOL

Last edited:

542thruNthru

I bet you’re fun at parties regurgitating safety bs Do you play safety bingo also
Anytime I want to get the ladies in the mood I always go to the 10 point commentary.

The real game changer is the 8 keys to lift and lower......
ddtkuhe-f44df65f-8261-4f9b-92e1-8fdc491b7c6a.gif

mcsketcher

Can recite a single line of that DOK garbage but I seem to survive? Don't care either.
Being able to recite stuff doesn’t make you a safer anything. I’m a month in, my on road says my driving is perfect, and I forgot 1/2 the :censored2: I recited to get past VSPT.

Nobody is driving their route reciting BS in their head. I’m certain nobody is doing it as a loader either.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Being able to recite stuff doesn’t make you a safer anything. I’m a month in, my on road says my driving is perfect, and I forgot 1/2 the :censored2: I recited to get past VSPT.

Nobody is driving their route reciting BS in their head. I’m certain nobody is doing it as a loader either.
When day 30 rolls around if it were me I’d know them forward and backwards after that WGAF