Police Brutality & Executions

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
No it doesn't. Beating someone till near death is not necessary in any case. Rodney was not fighting back and neither was this lady.

Do you know the use of force continuum?

If someone is PASSIVELY resisting I.E. refusing to comply by doing nothing the LEO Has the right and RESPONSIBILITY to go one of above your actions to use force to take into a subject into custody.

So by the very LAW you arm chair quarterbacks like to use an LEO can put their hands on a forcibly make some who is doing nothing in their resistance COMPLY! If you don't know the rules stay out of the game ARMCHAIR QUARTERBACKS!

As for King. He was dealt with within in law . . . Over and over. No head shots no lethal blows. That's why everyone was acquitted. Twice. It looked bad because people didn't know what they were looking at.

What gets me most about you all is that you sit here day in and day out saying things like "my 15 year old on road has never and could never do my job but yells at me based on what some stupid report, which doesn't show the whole story, says" yet here you sit looking at an incomplete picture critiquing people who's job you have never had and most of you could probably never do!

Sent using BrownCafe App

MAKAVELI

As for King. He was dealt with within in law . . . Over and over. No head shots no lethal blows. That's why everyone was acquitted. Twice. It looked bad because people didn't know what they were looking at.
Are :censored2: serious?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/jun/17/rodney-king-dies-aged-47
Lying on ground, he proceeded to be pummelled by the cops, who he later alleged yelled: "We are going to kill you, :censored2:."

The attack left King with severe injuries including a fractured skull and damage to internal organs. Three surgeons operated for five hours on his badly beaten body.

He said of the attack in an interview with the Guardian: "It was like being raped, stripped of everything, being beaten near to death there on the concrete, on the asphalt.

"I just knew how it felt to be a slave. I felt like I was in another world."

In all, King received 55 baton blows and six kicks to his body, all of which were captured on video by a nearby resident George Holliday, who came out to his balcony after being woken by sirens.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Are :censored2: serious?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/jun/17/rodney-king-dies-aged-47
Lying on ground, he proceeded to be pummelled by the cops, who he later alleged yelled: "We are going to kill you, :censored2:."

The attack left King with severe injuries including a fractured skull and damage to internal organs. Three surgeons operated for five hours on his badly beaten body.

He said of the attack in an interview with the Guardian: "It was like being raped, stripped of everything, being beaten near to death there on the concrete, on the asphalt.

"I just knew how it felt to be a slave. I felt like I was in another world."

In all, King received 55 baton blows and six kicks to his body, all of which were captured on video by a nearby resident George Holliday, who came out to his balcony after being woken by sirens.

Officer Tim Singer ordered King and his two passengers to exit the vehicle and lie face down on the ground. King's two passengers COMPLIED and were taken into custody WITHOUT INCIDENT.[7] King remained in the car. When he finally did emerge, he acted bizarrely, giggling, patting the ground, and waving to the police helicopter overhead.

King was taken to Pacifica Hospital after his arrest, where he was shown to have suffered a FRACTURED FACIAL BONE, a broken right ankle, and multiple bruises and lacerations.[24] In a negligence claim filed with the city, King ALLEGED he had suffered "11 SKULL FRACTURES permanent brain damage, broken [bones and teeth], kidney damage [and] emotional and physical trauma".[25] Blood and urine samples taken from King five hours after his arrest showed that he would have been intoxicated under California law at the time of his arrest. The tests also showed traces of marijuana

You need to check your sources. No skull fractures. Facial bone fractures can happen during a SWARM (google it since you are so good at it) which is a rather benign tactic.

Quit arm chair quarter backing and stay off google.

Sent using BrownCafe App

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
.....", following a high-speed car chase on March 3, 1991."

When the cops say pull over, do you run? That would be non-compliant. This would have been a non-event if he would have complied.
no, it would have been a non event if it hadnt been recorded

MAKAVELI

Officer Tim Singer ordered King and his two passengers to exit the vehicle and lie face down on the ground. King's two passengers COMPLIED and were taken into custody WITHOUT INCIDENT.[7] King remained in the car. When he finally did emerge, he acted bizarrely, giggling, patting the ground, and waving to the police helicopter overhead.

King was taken to Pacifica Hospital after his arrest, where he was shown to have suffered a FRACTURED FACIAL BONE, a broken right ankle, and multiple bruises and lacerations.[24] In a negligence claim filed with the city, King ALLEGED he had suffered "11 SKULL FRACTURES permanent brain damage, broken [bones and teeth], kidney damage [and] emotional and physical trauma".[25] Blood and urine samples taken from King five hours after his arrest showed that he would have been intoxicated under California law at the time of his arrest. The tests also showed traces of marijuana

You need to check your sources. No skull fractures. Facial bone fractures can happen during a SWARM (google it since you are so good at it) which is a rather benign tactic.

Quit arm chair quarter backing and stay off google.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Maybe you need to check your own sources.

The events that occurred next were captured on videotape by a bystander. As the videotape begins, it shows that King rose from the ground and charged toward Officer Powell. Powell took a step and used his baton to strike King on the side of his head. King fell to the ground. From the 18th to the 30th second on the videotape, King attempted to rise, but Powell and Wind each struck him with their batons to prevent him from doing so. From the 35th to the 51st second, Powell administered repeated blows to King's lower extremities; one of the blows fractured King's leg. At the 55th second, Powell struck King on the chest, and King rolled over and lay prone. At that point, the officers stepped back and observed King for about 10 seconds. Powell began to reach for his handcuffs. (At the sentencing phase, the District Court found that Powell no longer perceived King to be a threat at this point).

At one-minute-five-seconds (1:05) on the videotape, Briseno, in the District Court's words, "stomped" on King's upper back or neck. King's body writhed in response. At 1:07, Powell and Wind again began to strike King with a series of baton blows, and Wind kicked him in the upper thoracic or cervical area six times until 1:26. At about 1:29, King put his hands behind his back and was handcuffed. Where the baton blows fell and the intentions of King and the officers at various points were contested at trial, but, as noted, petitioners' guilt has been established.

Powell radioed for an ambulance. He sent two messages over a communications network to the other officers that said "`ooops'" and "`I havent [sic] beaten anyone this bad in a long time.'" 34 friend. 3d 1416, 1425 (CA9 1994). Koon sent a message to the police station that said "`U[nit] just had a big time use of force. . . . Tased and beat the suspect of CHP pursuit big time.'" Id., at 1425.

King was taken to a hospital where he was treated for a fractured leg, multiple facial fractures, and numerous bruises and contusions. Learning that King worked at Dodger Stadium, Powell said to King: "`We played a little ball tonight, didn't we Rodney? . . . You know, we played a little ball, we played a little hardball tonight, we hit quite a few home runs. . . . Yes, we played a little ball and you lost and we won.'" Ibid.
https://bulk.resource.org/courts.gov/c/US/518/518.US.81.94-1664.html

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Facial_trauma
At this point you are just arguing semantics.

Last edited:

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
rodney-king.jpg

nah no head shots here! Rodney must have slipped getting in the police car

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
no, it would have been a non event if it hadnt been recorded

No if he had pulled over and been compliant this would have never happened. Not laying the blame at RK's feet but he could have prevented it. But he didn't want violate so he ran. Had he not made bad choices it could have been prevented. Again not his fault but he could have prevented it.

As for the rest of the posts I'll respond when I have time. Now everyone get off the internet and go outside!

Sorry that was for the kids.

Sent using BrownCafe App

MAKAVELI

No if he had pulled over and been compliant this would have never happened. Not laying the blame at RK's feet but he could have prevented it. But he didn't want violate so he ran. Had he not made bad choices it could have been prevented. Again not his fault but he could have prevented it.

As for the rest of the posts I'll respond when I have time. Now everyone get off the internet and go outside!

Sorry that was for the kids.

Sent using BrownCafe App
There was a positive impact from the unjustified brutal beating of Rodney King. It exposed the LAPD for the racist, and corrupt police department it is to the world.