Police Officer has "humble pie" shoved up his ***!!!!

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Unlawful use of the horn?! Got to remember that on my next safety ride when a forget to honk at every stop. "Gee boss. I don't want to get cited for 'unlawful use of the horn'."

Unlawful use of the horn?! Got to remember that on my next safety ride when a forget to honk at every stop. "Gee boss. I don't want to get cited for 'unlawful use of the horn'."

If that truck driver was thinking faster he would have said " I used my horn officer because you flew past me talking on your phone and possibly inattentive I wanted to alert you that I was near you and avoid a crash"

That said, funny how a tough cop walks away but Fred Astaire comes tap dancing back.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
When he realized he was being recorded,he was probably thinking man, this is going to go viral, and my arse is going to be in a crack. He did everything but apologize for pulling him over when he got back to the truck.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
In the 30 years I was in feeders, I only got pulled over twice. First time was because of a taillight when I was bobtailing. It was working when I left, but I'm guessing the rough ride broke it. Ironically less than a week later, the same officer (DPS trooper) pulled me over again. This time I was going the other way pulling a ratty rail trailer. I was on HWY 59 going north which is a major route for drugs/aliens from Mexico thru Houston. When the guy walked up he said "hell, you're UPS!" (he never saw my power unit, just the 45' trailer from behind.) "I was going to do a drug check, but I know you're clean. Well, I got you stopped, might as well show me your hours and DOT card and license." We had just gone to the IVIS system and it kept track of our hours in the computer. I told him my hours were in the computer, but I'll be damned if I know how to bring them up. He laughed and told me to have a good night and drive carefully. BTW I had my hours on paper in my shirt pocket, but he never pressed the issue.

I had a cop pull me over in the middle of the night for a headlight out when I was a PTimer. I told him I'd buy a new one when the stores opened in the morning. He was insisting I was going to get a ticket because I should have checked my car. As he's going on I look in the mirror and see he has the exact same headlight out. I pointed behind me and asked what was his excuse.
Long pause.......hands me my license back and sent me on my way.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I've been around police all my life (my father and uncle were HPD officers) that being said, I'd rather deal with DPS anytime. They have a reputation for not cutting much slack, but they are respectful and not as arrogant as most of the LEO's down here.