Police: Search ongoing for suspect vehicle after it hits UPS driver in Howard Co.

Discussion in 'The Latest UPS Headlines' started by cheryl, Jul 1, 2018.

Tags:
  1. cheryl

cheryl I started this. Staff Member

Police: Search ongoing for suspect vehicle after it hits UPS driver in Howard Co. - Fox Baltimore

Howard County Police say that they are searching for a vehicle after a UPS driver was struck in the county, on Saturday night.

According to authorities, at 7:30 p.m., a U.P.S. driver was out of his truck delivering packages in the 2300 block of Daniels Road, when a white, older model SUV, traveling southbound entered the northbound lanes and struck him.

The SUV then fled the scene. The U.P.S. driver, 27-year-old Charles Burry of Ellicott City, was transported to the University of Maryland Shock Trauma Center in critical condition.

2. rod

rod #1 on Upstates "list"

7:30 p.m. on a Saturday? Really? This is what UPS has come to? You guys better get your act together on upcoming contracts----then again it might be too late.

3. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

Left him for dead. I despise anyone who would do that.
    It was an accident, stop and help the guy.

4. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

He was probably drunk.

5. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Yep, doesn’t take a maroon to tell you walking around roads on Friday and Saturday night is a bad idea. I get nervous when my kids are out on those two days already.

6. PappyLand

PappyLand Active Member

No one should be out past 6:15pm on a Saturday. Slavery Saturday’s

7. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

We have drivers out until 10:00 PM Saturdays. Even worse since UPS downsized Saturday Ground. Less drivers covering larger delivery areas right after qualifying on one route.

8. Fred's Myth

Fred's Myth Nonhyphenated American

9. Old Man Jingles

Old Man Jingles Rat out of a cage

Illegal refugee?

10. cheryl

cheryl I started this. Staff Member

That's more likely here in California. We are acquainted with a few people that are here illegally and are respectable and trustworthy people. There are also some gangs nearby that proudly declare that they are illegal and are violent and scary.

11. Old Man Jingles

Old Man Jingles Rat out of a cage

Sounds like Mak!