Police: Stolen FedEx truck crashes into telephone pole.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
It was a UPS on road stupe who took it for a joyride. He had a nervous breakdown earlier in the day and was mixing alcohol with pain killers.
He was arrested and is under psychiatric observation......

P1 Failure

I always wanna take the keys out of the ignition of the ground dudes truck on my rte and leave them in his seat with a note that says “next time you may not be so lucky”. Probably wouldn’t stop him from continuing.

Mutineer

Sounds about right . And since to get that crate started that morning they probably had to coast it down a hill and pop the clutch. And with no nearby hills on his route he had to leave it running all day.
Been there, done that. Always kept a spare, properly indexed starter in my van. R&R after the last stop of the day. Next morning, drop the bad one off at the rewind shop. Pick it back up a few days later.

fatboy33

Doesn’t mean squat to me in this discussion. It’s Ground here. You know the division of FDX that gets away with all sorts of crap that would have you fired at Express.
Example of the public not seeing ground. Skip to 5:19, unless you like to people repeat the same sentence over and over.