Polio the Next "Pandamic"?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Monkey pox isn't scaring enough people. The Marburg virus they engineered isn't spreading like they hoped. Will people buy into Polio hysteria?

Here's what we know, the polio vaccine campaign in Africa created a polio epidemic of the virus contained in the vaccine. They wiped out the wild type, but the vaccine induced polio quickly mutated and now the vaccine is worthless against it.

Will we start seeing outbreaks of polio as people are encouraged to update their polio vaccines, only to contract polio from a vaccine that is powerless to stop it?

Let's keep an eye out as this develops.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
C943B657-A882-4647-A07E-3BE9E5A59FD4.jpeg

Commercial Inside Release

My generation just missed the polio epidemic, but we were able to see the fallout. Every community had several cripples, maimed by the virus, stumbling around town. When I was five, this was explained, as we watched a wabbling cripple on crutches struggle to get over the curb onto the sidewalk.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
One family moved to the beach, just so the mother could give her kid daily saltwater baths to cure his polio.
It didn't work.

oldngray

nowhere special
I used to have a doctor from India that was partially crippled from polio as a child. It was wiped out here but still common in a lot of other countries.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I used to have a doctor from India that was partially crippled from polio as a child. It was wiped out here but still common in a lot of other countries.

The vaccine has been around for a while, but polio is still a threat in many countries. Some people will claim it's because greedy developed nations won't give them the vaccine. But if you look at Northern Africa, you will know that's not the case. What is really different between developed and developing countries? Sanitation infrastructure and nutrition.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Speaking of sanitation issues;
PROVINCETOWN, Mass-The incident comes just days before Provincetown’s Carnival summer celebration. The weeklong festival typically attracts tens of thousands of people from all over the world.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Speaking of sanitation issues;
PROVINCETOWN, Mass-The incident comes just days before Provincetown’s Carnival summer celebration. The weeklong festival typically attracts tens of thousands of people from all over the world.
Mostly gay